Chess puzzles are an ideal way to practice without having to find an opponent or spend time playing an actual game. iChess presents 1000 offline puzzles from real FIDE tournament games. Just launch and start solving!
******* The popular Chess app is now on iOS!
- Three difficulty levels. All puzzles are offline. No internet connection required
- Load your own PGN puzzle file by saving the PGN to the iChess Documents folder (via Mac/PC). Games in Chessbase CBH format not supported. You can also practice openings or study famous games. Simply load a full PGN of games and make the best move.
- Bird View feature to view Solved/Failed and unseen puzzles.
- Scorecard to track your progress
- Analyze the puzzle with a Chess Engine! (Needs separate Analyze This app)
- Master Chess openings by solving chess tactics from openings like Sicilian, Kings Indian etc (not free)
- Solve puzzles from top recent tournament chess games (not free)
* Some puzzles simply win a pawn or a piece and not necessarily end in checkmate
* Puzzles are arranged in increasing order of difficulty
* This is not an app to play chess online or play against the mobile or with friends
* Thanks to theweekinchess.com and pgnmentor.com for the free PGN files
Like on Facebook http://goo.gl/P5TXe
Enjoy solving puzzles from games of World Champ Anand, Magnus Carlsen, Kramnik, Aronian, Nakamura, Gelfand, Radjabov, Polgar and others.
Stay up to date with puzzles from games played in Tata Steel, London Chess Classic, Chess Olympiad, World Championship, European Teams, Candidates, Alekhine mem etc.
Additional puzzles (Recent Months, Mate themes, Openings etc) available for purchase via the App
* Now you can backup and restore your progress and purchases (need to Sign in)
* Basic Accessibility support
Ratings and Reviews
This app is not accessible for visually impaired person
Kindly add the accessibility features for visually impaired
Developer Response ,
Hi Ram, sorry about that. We have tried our best to make it accessible. Could you please email us at email@example.com so that we have a better idea of what is missing?
Great help to improve chess
Very good app for beginners to improve their chess thinking skills. Also good for intermediates & maybe experts. Keep thinking till u find something no matter how improbable as that may lead to a great win ahead!
Fantastic..love it..suggestion is to add all moves leading to mate rather than just the one correct move...also it's hangs sometimes, would be good to fix it!!!
- Asim Pereira
- 76.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Asim Pereira
- In-App Purchases
- iChess Upgrade ₹ 159
- Endgame Tactics ₹ 159
- Very Hard Puzzles ₹ 159
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.