One of the world's most popular nature apps, iNaturalist helps you identify the plants and animals around you. Get connected with a community of over 400,000 scientists and naturalists who can help you learn more about nature! What's more, by recording and sharing your observations, you'll create research quality data for scientists working to better understand and protect nature. iNaturalist is a joint initiative by the California Academy of Sciences and the National Geographic Society
• Discover species new to you both near and far
• Record your own observations and share them with the community
• Receive suggestions and crowdsourced identifications of what you've seen
• Discuss and help others identify what they've seen
• Follow projects comprised of smaller communities and fellow citizen scientists passionate about a particular place and/or species
Ratings and Reviews
Finally your (phone) camera serves a great need. iNaturalist is a remarkable app, that automatically & (usually) correctly identifies the taxonomical details from your uploaded photo of *any flora and fauna* from around the world, using an easy-to-use UI, powered by an excellent photo-recognition-matching AI algorithm and exhaustive database that’s location-sensitive and thorough. Top it with a vibrant, knowledgeable and helpful & supportive community of expert (and amateur) naturalists (botanists, zoologists, etc.) who can help manually identify and narrow down the classification of your find and thus enable good quality photos to get added as research-grade material, is just the perfect conclusion. Or rather, the perfect conclusion would be for you to uncover a brand new species of flora or fauna - yes, that’s the real-world miraculous possibility with every find you upload. So get this app and become an iNaturalist! Let the world be your oyster under the magnifying lens of your camera!
My favourite app thank you!
Not useful for identifying plants I thought by taking a photo it will give the name automatically
- iNaturalist, LLC
- 39 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 iNaturalist, California Academy of Sciences
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.