Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love. Join the community of over 1 billion people and express yourself by sharing all the moments of your day — the highlights and everything in between, too.
Use Instagram to:
* Post photos and videos you want to keep on your profile grid. Edit them with filters and creative tools and combine multiple clips into one video.
* Browse photos and videos from people you follow in your feed. Interact with posts you care about with likes and comments.
* Share multiple photos and videos (as many as you want!) to your story. Bring them to life with text, drawing tools and other creative effects. . They disappear after 24 hours and won’t appear on your profile grid or in feed.
* Go live to connect with your friends in the moment. Try going live with a friend and sharing a replay to your story when you’re done.
* Message your friends privately in Direct. Send them photos and videos that disappear and share content you see on Instagram.
* Watch stories and live videos from the people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed.
* Discover photos, videos and stories you might like and follow new accounts on the Explore tab.
The latest version contains bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Why the frequent updates?
I love Instagram ! I’m an active user of Instagram for the last 4 years, ever since I got my first iPhone ie (the first phone with which I can shoot some decent photographs) I’ve been using Instagram because it seemed cool at a time when everybody else was “Facebooking” ugh 😖 Instagram used to be my space where I could share anything and not be judged by the ones I know in real life but now Instagram’s become popular among all my friends, it’s kinda good in a way but I would’ve liked it better the other way around. Anyway the thing I really wanted to convey was the frequent app updates! I mean come on how many times do you update an app in a week ? And all the updates are big ones, the iPhone version of Instagram takes up to 80 mega bytes of space in my 16 GB iPhone 🙄 I reall think Instagram should desist from getting out unnecessarily updates for the app every week with no major improvements to show for. I think that’s all. If Instagram couldn’t solve this one tiny problem (at least nit problem) Instagram wouldn’t be a great place to be especially in this time of rising data costs in my country updating an app like thrice in the month with nothing new or good to show for is kinda lame! 😃
I really feel Instagram could come up with an update where picture sizes could be more flexible. And when this hinders the square feed in one’s profile, let them choose a square window from their whatever sized photo that they’d like to see in their feed. Like how a person is allowed to choose a cover for the video they’re uploading. In the same manner, we could choose a window from our non-square picture for our feed to look the way we want it to. All of this is because some pictures just cannot be cropped to near square or square sizes because their beauty gets lost in such a process. And this feature not just for the upcoming pictures to be put up, for the already put up ones too, somewhere maybe in the edits option. We have to put up stupid borders around out pictures everytime and it really messes up the way our feed looks then.
A feature missing..
Hey I have been using Instagram since couple of years now and no doubt its one of the best social apps available on the app store.. I have been an active user and he always wondered if the video in the story could b uploaded as long as it is and not only first 15 seconds.. bcz if i wanna upload a video which is like 60 seconds.. I have to edit it in the gallery and make 4 videos of 15 seconds and only then it can b uploaded in 4 different videos where my friend can upload a video no matter how long it is on his samsung mobile.. He did upload a video which was like 180 seconds in his story which eventually got uploaded as many different stories of 15 seconds.. He has this feature on his Instagram app itself where I miss this feature terribly.. Can something b done abt this feature being added to the iphone app too.. ??
- Instagram, Inc.
- 161.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2018 Instagram, LLC.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.