This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
iTunes U provides everything an instructor needs to bring the classroom together on iPad — build lessons with apps and your own materials, collect and grade assignments from students, start class discussions or talk with students one-to-one to answer questions and provide feedback.
iTunes U also allows anyone with an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to learn from a large collection of free educational content via public courses from leading schools, universities, museums and cultural institutions.
• Plan lessons, grade assignments and stay connected — directly from your iPad
• Add your own teaching materials — including worksheets, web links, photos and videos from a variety of document providers
• Engage every student using apps, books, videos, podcasts and more from iTunes, App Store and iBooks
• Add instructions or comments to PDFs and photos with built-in annotation tools
• See when students have viewed or completed assignments and remind students of assignments due
• Grade student work and track student progress in the grade book
• Use the single-student view for individual attention at parent-teacher conferences
• Answer questions or provide video feedback in 1:1 chats or start class debates using group discussions
• Keep students prepared and in the loop with notifications
• Institutions using Apple School Manager and Managed Apple IDs can import registers to streamline course creation
• Teachers affiliated with qualified institutions can publish courses to the iTunes U catalogue to make them available to anyone for free on iOS devices
• View assignments and updates in one place and tick off assignments you’ve completed
• Submit your work in private courses from any Apple creativity app, many third-party apps or as annotated PDFs and photos
• Open audio or video files directly in other apps
• Ask instructors questions or have them review your work with 1:1 messages
• Start or join group discussions with your class
• View your grades and instructor feedback on all past assignments
Browse a rich catalogue of free educational content:
• Choose from a variety of free lectures, videos, books and other resources on a wide range of subjects from leading educational and cultural institutions around the world
• Share your favourite courses with friends using Twitter, Facebook, Mail and Messages
• iTunes U includes materials from Stanford, MIT, Yale, La Trobe University, University of Tokyo, Smithsonian Libraries, National Theatre and many more
• Participating in courses requires iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
• Built-in PDF or photo annotation requires iPad (4th generation or later), iPad mini (version 2 or later)
• Publishing public courses to iTunes U requires teachers to be affiliated with a qualified institution
What's New in Version 3.6
• iTunes U collections were migrated to Apple Podcasts and no longer appear in the iTunes U app. You can now view iTunes U collections in the Podcasts section of iTunes on Mac or PC, or in the Podcasts app on iOS devices or Apple TV
• Performance improvements for accounts with a large number of courses
Delete option is missing
This feature of deleting courses you no longer follow should be taken seriously by the developers
- Category: Education
- Updated: 17 October 2017
- Version: 3.6
- Size: 56.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Apple Distribution International
- © 2017 Apple, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.