***Exclusively for Jio SIM users***
JioNewsPaper offers top national, regional and international newspapers in 10+ languages at no additional cost. With Jio NewsPaper, you can stay connected to news from your city even when you are away in your own language including English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Odia, Marathi, Urdu, Gujarati, and Assamese. With JioNewsPaper, Jio brings to you a superior reading experience mirroring print and ability to read the downloaded newspapers offline at any time convenient to you.
With a FREE – no charges applied subscription, you get access to top newspapers in not just English and Hindi but also in Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Gujarati, Kannada, Urdu, Odia, and Assamese. In addition to apps like Jio TV, Jio Cinema, Jio Music, Jio Mags, Jio XpressNews; Jio brings to you JioNewsPaper. With Jio News Paper, you get:
- Your News, your language: Read News in your preferred language(s). From all leading dailies in English to your local News in Malayalam or Marathi, we have newspapers available in more than 10 languages
- Auto-download Favourite newspapers: Mark any newspaper as ‘Favourite’ while reading it and its latest edition will be auto-downloaded as soon as it is available
- Exhaustive Search: Find the articles you are looking for within the newspaper.
- Save & Enrich: Clip and save articles of your choice for future viewing.
- Resume Reading: Simply pick up from you left off with the Resume Reading feature of JioNews.
- Filter News: Find News according to your favourite languages and editions
- Make the most of your library: Copy, underline, highlight news articles for future reference and make the app read to you.
We use location services to provide you content which is more relevant to your area.
We’re always excited to hear from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please reach out to us at:-
Support and Queries: JioNewsPaper@Jio.com
Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/JioNewsPaper/
Twitter Handle: @JioNewsPaper
Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements
Ratings and Reviews
A rough diamond - Needs some polishing.
Overall this app is good as it meets my need for reading newspapers. I have used many news reading apps, so far JioNewsPaper is the best as far as my needs are concerned. However, there are few things that could be improved. I am sure that would at Tara the larger customer base.
1. Customisation of Home screen: Whenever the app is opened, the default cluttered home screen is displayed. The user should be given an option to customise the home screen. Usually, a person reads 2-3 newspapers of his/her choice but the default home screen of he app shows a lot many newspapers, and also it looks better. The option to remove or add a new newspaper should be moved to Menu.
2. Option for auto download: There should be an option to auto-download the pre-selected newspapers. Both the options to download ver wifi-only and wifi and data, should be there.
3. Integration with Notes/GoogleKeep/OneNote/Evernote: An option to save the selected text from the newspapers to the various note-taking apps should be there. It times we come across several facts which we want to note down, but at present that would be a Herculean task. It would help immensely in bookmarking or making note of the news.
4. A rough diamond: I would like to call this app in present shape, a rough diamond. The developers need to do some polish to get the maximum out of this app.
I hope the developers make some improvements in near future.
We thank you for your feedback. Some of the features suggested by you are already part of the app. For example, you can customize the home screen by marking newspapers as Favourite. You can do so using the heart icon in the top header while reading a particular newspaper. The Favourite newspapers are shown in a separate section at the top on the home screen. This way, you can readily access the latest edition of your favourite newspaper(s) on the homescreen. The older editions are available in a similar section of 'My Collection'. The latest edition of favourite newspaper(s) is auto-downloaded everyday as soon as they are available.
To save/bookmark specific news within a newspaper, you can use the Clipping feature while reading a newspaper. This can be done using the Clipping icon in top header. All the Clippings saved are available in the 'My Clippings' section of 'My Collection'. You can also use the copy/highlight feature while reading a newspaper. These options can be invoked by long pressing the text.
For rest of the suggestions, we will surely evaluate them and see if they can be included in future updates. For any other feedback, you can always write to us at Jionews@jio.com. We would love to hear from you.
Update has made it worse!
This update has made this app from best to worst.
Previously the newspaper comes in full screen automatically as soon as device goes in landscape mode. But now it is just coming as just like sit pdf page and we have to zoom it to read it. Not even that we also face problems in navigating page from one page to next page. Plz make it like before. I hate it.
Double Tap zoom issue
The new update has made it difficult to zoom in with double tap. Now if I double tap to zoom in, I’m taken back to the previous or the next page. Maybe this is due the fact that I’m using an iPhone 5S which has a small screen. If this issue can be resolved, it would be immensely helpful.
- Reliance Jio Digital Services Private Limited
- 69.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2018, Reliance Industries Limited. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.