Mango IRC - Chat client
By Pavel Kanzelsberger
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is a form of real-time Internet text messaging (chat) or synchronous conferencing. It is mainly designed for group communication in discussion forums, called channels, but also allows one-to-one communication via private messages.
Mango IRC is a completely redesigned chat client for your Mac OS X and with Mango IRC and Mango IRC HD also a great companion for your iPhone or iPad. You can keep in touch with your friends, developers or get support anywhere on the go.
* You can connect to multiple servers at a time
* You can connect to secure SSL servers
* You can connect using your own IRC bouncer (for example ZNC)
* You can join multiple channels at a time
* Private one-to-one chats
* Nickname and IRC command completion for faster typing
* Notifications showing you who joined or left the channel
* Notifications when you receive private message or somebody mentions you in different channel
* Messages are highlighted if somebody mentions you
* Tab based interface for each channel with notification badges so you won't miss anything important
* Visual user information (WHOIS)
* Nickname coloring so you're better oriented in public chats
* Console for important information received from IRC servers
* User list for each channel
* Network search for available channels
* URL hilighting with support for clipboard copying or opening in a web browser
What's New in Version 2.1
* Revamped UI
* Added support for Retina displays
* Notification Center support on Mountain Lion
* Added menus and keyboard shortcuts
* Share interesting messages on Twitter or Facebook
* Fixed problem with resolving hostnames
* Overall performance improved
* Fixed scrolling behavior
* Minor bug and crash fixes
This application does not work. Do not buy it.
I truly cannot believe this application is in the App Store. I was under the impression that Apple would have filtered apps like this but no. The application does nothing. You open it and then try to connect. The dialog for entering the connection information appears off screen and that’s it. Nothing happens. I contacted support two months ago and I haven’t heard since. Do not buy this.