Course For WaveLab 101 - Introduction To Mastering
By Nonlinear Educating Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Steinberg’s WaveLab is a full-featured audio editor, restoration and mastering tool that every musician and engineer must have in their audio toolbox. Find out how Matt Hepworth uses it to master his tracks in this fact-filled 24-video tutorial...
WaveLab: Everybody’s heard of it. Lots of people use it. And now you can see this feature-rich software in action. Intro to Mastering in WaveLab—by Steinberg Product Specialist Matt Hepworth—takes you through an audio exposition detailing how this über-popular program works.
You’ll first learn about WaveLab's set-up and layout and how to configure and optimize your computer to get the most out of WaveLab. Next, Matt dives right into mastering concepts and how they are implemented. He shows you how to win the Loudness War and how to add punch and shine to your tracks the WaveLab way.
From there, Matt explains the rendering and dithering process and how to apply the final touches both on a single track and a collection of tracks.
So if you’re interested in maximizing your mastering skills and adding that final polish to you productions, this Intro To Mastering In WaveLab tutorial will help you get your tracks ready to shine!
Table of contents:
2. Introduction to Mastering
3. Clickity-click, click
4. Use WaveLab 7.2 or Higher
5. Configuring Your Computer
6. Arranging Your Studio Environment
7. A Word About Screen Resolution
8. Understanding The WaveLab Workspaces
9. Tab Groups and Menus
10. WaveLab Meters and The Control Window
11. The Master Section
12. Punchy, Shiny, and LOUD!
13. The Loudness War
14. Who Sets the Final Mastering Volume?
15. The Audio File Workspace
16. Adding “Punchy” with a Multiband Compressor
17. Adding “Shiny” with an Equalizer
18. Adding “LOUD!” with a Mastering Limiter
19. The Importance of Dithering
20. Rendering Mastered Files
21. Loading and Managing Multiple Audio Files
22. Adding Fades and Crossfades
23. Using CD Track Markers
24. Burning an Audio CD and DDP
- ₹ 1,100
- Category: Music
- Released: 23 April 2012
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 458 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Nonlinear Educating Inc. (macProVideo.com)
- © 2012 macProVideo.com
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor