National Digital Library of India (NDL India) gives access to wide range of digital contents.
Ministry of Human Resource Development under its National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology has initiated the National Digital Library of India (NDL India) pilot project to develop a framework of virtual repository of learning resources with a single-window search facility. Filtered and federated searching is employed to facilitate focused searching so that learners can find out the right resource with least effort and in minimum time. NDL India is designed to hold content of any language and provides interface support for leading vernacular languages. It is being arranged to provide support for all academic levels including researchers and life-long learners, all disciplines, all popular form of access devices and differently-abled learners. It is being developed to help students to prepare for entrance and competitive examination, to enable people to learn and prepare from best practices from all over the world and to facilitate researchers to perform inter-linked exploration from multiple sources.
• A single window search facility to ever-growing digital content repository
• Different ways to browse content repository: Browse by content type, Browse by source, Browse by subject and Browse by learning resource type
• Filtering result of search and browse with facet based refinement options
• Contents relevant for different levels of users
• Contents available for different subject domains: Technology, Arts and Humanities, Social Sciences, Natural Science etc.
• App and content may be accessed in four different languages: English, Hindi, Bengali and Gujarati
General improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Nice initiative but needs more testing!
Immediately after downloading and opening the app i am getting a popup “New version available.” with Install, Remind me later and Details as the options to choose from. If i click on ‘Install’ app store page of your app opens up but there is no new version there. Iy shows just the same version which I downloaded before opening the app. This is happening every time i open the app.
Will add more as I use the app. Thanks.
Thank you very much for your observation and valuable feedback. We will fix this issue at the earliest.
Nice try but please developers please read in depth review
I appreciate your efforts of bring this library to people but somewhere it's not yet a complete solution is what I feel.
Point I would like to make...
1. You download button takes me to a webpage. Some with incomplete content and some asking for user name and password.
2. The lack of specific filters for easy navigation with note of latest like of 2017. No such feature was found.
Frankly I didn't spend much time investing as a tester over this app but this is my review for using it for 5 min.
Also please provide a feedback button which will help you innovate.
Thank you very much for your support and important observation and suggestions, we are in constant process up gradation and making it more useful, keep accessing the Library. Thanks
App isn’t working on iOS.
After downloading this app its shows popup (new version available) with three option, 1) install now 2) remind me later 3) details... after i tape on install now it opens app store but nothing found any updates over there so I can’t able to use this app even not able to open this app. I’m a university student plss fix this problem fast.
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
- 3.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 National Digital Library of India
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.