Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
STREAMLINE YOUR WORKFLOW
• Become fully paper-free, in the classroom, office, and at home.
• Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
• Drag and Drop to move files, text, photos, GIFs, web pages, and more from other apps into Notability with Multitasking.
• Secure and lock your notes using Face ID and Touch ID.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH WITH BEAUTIFUL INK
• Fully express your artistic side with custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Easily create perfect circles and straight lines.
• Ink is fine-tuned for 1st and 2nd generation Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 14 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
SAVE TIME WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Multi-Note lets you work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes with the Note Switcher.
• Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, and more between notes.
• Notability includes full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
• Save time with keyboard shortcuts.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so your information stays private.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Share notes via email, AirDrop, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, and more, or share note content to other apps with Drag and Drop.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so during playback you can listen to what was happening as you wrote.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, WebDAV, and OneDrive are all supported!
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
*** Bug fixes in 8.4.3 ***
• Fixed issues with Excel file conversion
• Large scissors selection no longer cuts off the style popover
• Fixed rendering issues when dismissing the keyboard
• Stability improvements & other minor bug fixes
*** What’s new in 8.4 ***
• Sneak peek of what we’ve been working on - Notability introduces perfect circles! Like our straight line feature, draw a circle and hold for it to be auto-corrected. More to come in 2019!
• Improved pinch to zoom, allowing you to zoom out to see multiple pages at once or zoom in further for detailed work.
• Added more keyboard shortcuts, including to create a new note, go back to the Library, and easily navigate within a note.
• The word count of a note is now available in the information popover
Ratings and Reviews
Great pros and Great cons
This app has some extremely strong and appealing features which somehow make it the app I use for taking down notes. well first off it’s just clean, smooth and easy to use. The current features of searching your handwritten text and opening two notebooks at once are really awesome additions. Everything it does it does like a pro, almost all things.
One of the greatest cons is making diagrams. It is pain!!! I make a few lines, and I want to rub a small area and all of them disappear completely! I mean come on, I can’t erase a part of a line? It will be great if you are a good artist but I’m not that good, especially on the smooth surface of the screen and in the middle of an intense lecture where I don’t have the luxury of time. A geometry toolbox with essential geometries such as rectangles, circles, arrows, dotted lines, TABLES!! etc should be provided in the main screen area, not is some different window with confusing tools!!!
Besides these I would also like to have the option of setting up my own line spacing on paper. One is too small and the next is too large!
If these things are taken into account I would be more than happy to give it a 5 star rating, but with the difficulties I face while making diagrams and making tables(I’m an engineering student) 3 stars is the maximum I can give
No support for table or inserting space
Many users have been complaining about the following issues since ages. Developers don’t give a d a m n about the customers once we have given our money. If possible please please fix following issues-
1. Table support is must for note making. Plz add tables option.
2. There must be an option of inserting space between a note. If there’s typed and pencil, both, part in a note we cannot edit the document of previous pages bcz the typed part shifts but the pencil drawing remain at the same place. OneNote has this option since ages.
3. Reduce the app crashes. Sometimes the app crashes in between and then when it reopens few pages always get lost. Can you imagine how frustrating can it be for someone in the middle of a lecture?
We all used to love notability. But so much inertia of developers for even these basic features is just pushing us away from it. How do u expect us to recommend this app to the new users if instead of any resolutions all we get is “thank u for using the app. we are working to make it better”. Work fast or just tell that you are helpless of your laziness.
Developer Response ,
Hi Dr. Dwivedi, thank you for your feedback. We received your email as well. Please look out for a response from us shortly.
Lacking in essential features
The main purpose of taking notes in apps like Notability is to be fast and efficient. Don't take me the wrong way, the app is good, but one just can't be fast enough in taking notes in Notability when compared to apps like Microsoft Onenote.
I'm a medical student and often times I need to switch between different colors and sizes of pen. There is no option to add multiple pens or highlighters to enable fast switching between colors and sizes of pens when one has to take really fast notes. This is the biggest letdown with Notability, and a dealbreaker for me.
Secondarily, the app is not available for Windows desktop, as often times I carry my laptop instead of iPad, and it would be great if I could sync and read my notes on my laptop, which is not possible with Notability. Microsoft OneNote is available in all of my devices.
I like Notability, because writing feels more natural in it, but I don't think I'm gonna use it till the developers add the above-mentioned features.
- Ginger Labs, Inc.
- 294.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2019
- ₹ 799
- In-App Purchases
- Summer ₹ 159
- Winter ₹ 159
- Spring ₹ 159
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.