The Hear App provides information to assist and support health care practitioners caring for Deaf patients and patients with significant hearing loss (SHL), particularly in palliative care contexts.
This App has been developed by the COMMUNICATE YOUR HEALTH (IRELAND) partnership, which comprises the Interpreters in Palliative Care: ‘On Speaking Terms—Matters of Life and Death’ development project (funded by the Irish Hospice Foundation) and the Health Service Executive (HSE) National Social Inclusion Unit, Ireland.
The Interpreters in Palliative Care development project sought to identify challenges for palliative care health care professionals caring for people with limited English proficiency and to develop accessible resources to meet these needs.
- Good practice guidelines for person-centred care of Deaf patients and patients who have significant hearing loss (SHL).
- Guidelines for the use of interpreter services, including Irish Sign Language (ISL) interpreters.
- Information on palliative care.
- Links to further resources.
- Una MacConville
- 35.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Health Service Executive
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.