Out of the Shadows
By Nicholas Hoffman
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
What occurred at the Outagamie County Asylum for the Chronic Insane? This app is an additional feature for Asylum: Out of the Shadows, an exhibit at the History Museum at the Castle in Appleton, Wisconsin. This tell-all tour sheds light on the experiences of eight real people who lived and worked at the institution between the years 1890 to 1944.
• Eight narratives to choose from performed by actors from Attic Theater.
• Each selection features a real person who lived or worked at the Asylum. Their experiences were researched in patient files, newspaper clippings, and facility records.
• Visitors will assume the role of historic individuals who visited the Asylum.
• The tell-all tour lets visitors learn why and how people were committed, what daily life was like at the Asylum, and hear allegations of abuses.
• Consider how far our treatment of mentally ill persons has evolved and ways we can continue to improve how we care for our most vulnerable people.
• Earbuds, headphones, or a supplementary listening device is required to use this app.
• Multilingual with options in Spanish and Hmong.
What's New in Version 1.1
User experience fixes
- Category: Education
- Updated: 30 November 2016
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 29.9 MB
- Languages: English, Hmong, Spanish
- Developer: Nicholas Hoffman
- © 2016 History Museum at the Castle
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.