Pokémon GO has now introduced social and trading features that allow Trainers to connect with each other by adding friends, sending Gifts, and participating in a new Friendship level system that unlocks bonuses. Trainers can now trade Pokémon with other Trainers nearby, earning a Candy Bonus for the Pokémon received.
Join Trainers across the globe who are discovering Pokémon as they explore the world around them. Pokémon GO is the global gaming sensation that has been downloaded over 800 million times and named "Best Mobile Game" by The Game Developers Choice Awards and "Best App of the Year" by TechCrunch.
Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Pikachu, and many other Pokémon have been discovered!
Pokémon are out there, and you need to find them. As you walk around a neighborhood, your smartphone will vibrate when there’s a Pokémon nearby. Take aim and throw a Poké Ball… You’ll have to stay alert, or it might get away!
Search far and wide for Pokémon and items
Certain Pokémon appear near their native environment—look for Water-type Pokémon by lakes and oceans. Visit PokéStops and Gyms—found at interesting places like museums, art installations, historical markers, and monuments—to stock up on Poké Balls and helpful items.
Catching, hatching, evolving, and more
As you level up, you’ll be able to catch more-powerful Pokémon to complete your Pokédex. You can add to your collection by hatching Pokémon Eggs based on the distances you walk. Help your Pokémon evolve by catching many of the same kind. Choose a Buddy Pokémon to walk with and earn Candy that will help you make your Pokémon stronger.
Compete in epic Gym battles
You’ll join one of three teams and battle for the ownership of Gyms with your Pokémon at your side. As your Charmander evolves to Charmeleon and then Charizard, you can battle together to defeat a Gym and assign your Pokémon to defend it against all comers.
Team up to defeat powerful Raid Bosses
A Raid Battle is a cooperative gameplay experience that encourages you to work with up to 20 other Trainers to defeat an extremely powerful Pokémon known as the Raid Boss. If you succeed in defeating it in battle, you’ll have the chance to catch an extra powerful Pokémon of your own!
It’s time to get moving—your real-life adventures await!
- This app is free-to-play and offers in-game purchases. It is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
- It is recommended to play while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks.
- Compatibility information may be changed at any time.
- Information current as of June 18, 2018.
- Not compatible with 5th generation iPod Touch devices or iPhone 5c or earlier iPhone devices.
- Please visit www.PokemonGO.com for additional compatibility information.
- Compatibility with tablet devices is not guaranteed.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for all devices.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
- If you use Pokémon GO with your Apple Watch, with your consent we use the Apple HealthKit APIs to read and/or write certain data (such as Step Count, Calories Burned, and Distance Walked) to the Health App Database on your device (the "Health App Data").
- Trainers of all ages welcome! But if a Trainer is a child, parental consent is required. Please see the Terms of Service for more details.
Ratings and Reviews
The bubble is beginning to burst
It used to be the only thing I thought about when I first installed it. That was a good 10 months back. I was relentless in my search and have a pokedex with 180+ registrations. I also managed to get 5 of my friends addicted but I think the bubble is about to burst...unless Niantic has some exciting tricks up its sleeves to regain fan interest...I feel the game is almost over.
At least if the game could provide a feature to locate nearby players and allow networking, it would give a platform for players to form battle groups for the more difficult raids. Otherwise, something exciting happens, I am so close to quitting this game.
PS. Did I mention the problems with excessive heating and super fast battery drain...the 3 missing stars are just because of that...and I use an iPhone 6s...can't imagine what players with lower end phones face.
Game technical support is the worst
If possible I would give a 0 rating. I started playing this game few months back. After sometime I got signed out, when I tried logging in, I started getting invalid password error. I reset the password but was still getting the same wrong credentials error. So I started fresh with a new account. After playing for a couple of months they all of a sudden terminated my account saying I violated some conditions. When I raised a complaint, initially they told you haven’t broken any rules and gave link saying use it to unblock yourself. The link had nothing related to unblocking the account and when I asked them further instructions they told my account has been terminated and if I want I can start with a new account. I neither have the patience nor interest to play this game anymore.
Good but can be improved
I am playing this game from past 2 years. I enjoyed it a lot. But unlike others I waited for updates and did not quit, now we have many events like special research and field research along with community day events.
But I wish it would be better if we could see players nearby and challenge them for a fight of our own rules like tag battle , double battle etc ., and events are less like for once in 2 months or 3 months but it could be better if there are everyday event and everyday task.
It would also be better if we could chat with our friends and have a friendly battle.
It would be great if we could form clans for etc ., not like mystic , valor and instinct but something like groups and alliances and have clan wars.
Then it would be great to see top clans and top players.
Hoping that you would consider my idea and think about it.
At last I want to say that I will always continue playing the game cause I am a die hard fan of Pokémon.
- Niantic, Inc.
- 267.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016-2018 Niantic, Inc. © 2016-2018 Pokémon. © 1995-2018 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 100 PokéCoins ₹ 29
- 550 PokéCoins ₹ 399
- 1,200 PokéCoins ₹ 799
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.