Apple Design Award winner and App Store Essential – Procreate is the most powerful sketching, painting and illustration app ever designed for a mobile device, built for creative professionals. This complete artist’s toolbox helps you create beautiful sketches, inspiring paintings, and stunning illustrations anywhere you are. Procreate features ground-breaking canvas resolution, 136 incredible brushes, an advanced layer system, and is powered by Silica M: the fastest 64-bit painting engine on iOS.
Create a canvas and start painting with any of Procreate’s exclusive dual-texture brushes. Use the immediately responsive smudge tool to perfectly blend colour with any brush in your library. With Procreate’s incredibly high-resolution canvases you can print your artwork at massive sizes. Experience the revolutionary selection, transform, and perspective tools built exclusively for multitouch and finish your illustration with stunning cinema-quality effects. Procreate’s powerful and intuitive interface always puts your art in focus.
With a deep range of professional quality features, Procreate has all the power a creative needs.
• Feature Highlights
- Optimised for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
- Massive Ultra High Definition canvases, up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pro 12.9" and 10.5”
- Powered by Silica M: the fastest 64-bit painting engine
- Stunning 64-bit colour
- Deliciously responsive 64-bit smudge sampling
- Multi-threaded; optimised for iPad’s multiple cores
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save—never lose work again
- Crop and Resize your canvas for the perfect composition
- Revolutionary QuickShape feature makes perfect shapes instantly
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts for advanced features
- Advanced QuickMenu for rapid interface interaction
• Breakthrough Brushes:
- Packed with 136 beautifully made brushes
- Game-changing dual textured brush system
- Over 50 customisable settings for every brush
- Create your own custom Procreate brushes and sets
- Import and export custom brushes
• Advanced Layering System:
- Layer your artwork for precise control over individual elements
- Use Layer Masks and Clipping Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organised by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access 17 layer blend modes for professional compositing
• Colour Without Compromise:
- 64-bit colour for greater accuracy
- P3 Wide Colour support
- Fill your art seamlessly with ColorDrop
- Input RGB or hex values for exact colour matching
• Dramatic Finishing Effects:
- GPU accelerated for optimum speed
- Perspective Blur (exclusive to Procreate)
- Gaussian and Motion Blurs
- Sharpen and add Noise
- Colour Balance, Image Curves, HSB, Recolour
• Powerful Drawing Guides:
- Perspective, Isometric, 2D, and Symmetry visual guides
- Drawing Assist perfects your strokes in real time
• Groundbreaking Video Features
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate’s Time-lapse Replay
- Broadcast your process live with your favourite streaming service
• Sharing and Workflow Integration:
- Drag and drop artworks, brushes, and palettes between applications
- Import or export Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Export as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF or web ready JPEG
We're back, with some big stability improvements for Procreate 4.2. Everything should feel much smoother and generally more wonderful with the addition of these fixes:
- We've fixed issues with inserting and pasting images that stopped Undo from working, as well as causing crashes.
- Exiting Selection mode with an open selection shape will no longer cause crashes.
- Transform is now more coordinated, and can flip without crashing.
- And, uh, there were also crashes when exporting 30-second Time-lapse Recordings.
- Adonit styluses are not supported in Procreate on iPad Pro models, but they still shouldn't crash tho.
- Guess what happened when you reloaded a selection mask? It'd crash. Again.
- Drag and Drop an artwork from Gallery into another canvas, and it would create a broken file duplicate. Oops, we almost forgot: if you dropped it into the Layers menu, it would crash.
- Rotating the horizon line in a one-point Perspective Guide was busted. It didn't crash, but give us time.
We know all the crashing wasn't fun. The good news is that the crashes should be behind us now. Things should be nice and stable. Unless it crashes. But it shouldn't.
Ratings and Reviews
At first I was skeptical over buying this app because that meant buying a pencil too. I spent weeks struggling to decide between a pen tablet and this. But now after everything is said and done, I am absolutely in love with this app and the pencil and I’m so glad I made this decision. There are quite a few trash talkers and if you are paying attention to them, I urge you not to because Procreate is just lovely.
The only criticism I have is firstly, I find masks and clipping masks a little tricky to understand so if you could do anything about that I’d be on cloud 9.
Secondly, to inspire artists, you can release challenges every fortnight or so, to strike our creativity and help us come up with designs etc.
Thirdly, if the December iPad type contests are kind of fairly regular, that’d be amazing.
So overall, I’ve not once regretted making the double investment.
Needs more tools but really awesome
I wish they had a magic selection tool that had a layer selection or a screen selection like in MediBang with its bucket fill tool where the bucket fill areas formed by different layers just cause they look whole in the screen...which is very useful sometimes...I also want them to make better sketching brushes...the ones they have right now are too grainy...but I guess that’s my fault too since I can make custom brushes but just haven’t figured it out yet. But look at the pencil brush in medibang....it’s so perfect...the right amount of sensitivity and fade....I wish I could export that brush into Procreate somehow. And lastly need a ‘extract line art’ option from a picture so that it’s easier to work on a traditional sketch into procreate
Not for Professional use
This app is only for drawing purposes only. Yes! You might/will get impressed & exited by the illusions shown in the app previews, but trust me those are absolutely misguiding and misleading. In my opinion, those illustrations were made by artists who were paid to do so, but even those guys don’t use this app in daily professional use. There are many issues: like resolution changes on resizing, selection tool is absolute rubbish, NO TEXT SUPPORT - if you are into logo designing this is definitely not the app for you, TRUST ME! No ruler/dimension support, etc, etc, etc.
But in all fairness this app is the best app for designing in the AppStore for iPad (It is what it is).
It’s very likely that you’ve bought new iPad and you will download this app even after reading this review and YOU WILL GET DISAPPOINTED AFTERWARDS, UNLESS some other app came out with all these features like maybe Photoshop(full version), coral draw, etc. This app will be thing of past unless updated.
So conclusion - definitely not for professional use, you better get back to desktop or make a new and better application for everyone including me.
Developer Response ,
Hi NikhilJaiswal07 - Thanks for your review. We've officially marked text tool as planned, and it will be in a future release of Procreate. We've also added many new features with Procreate 4.1. If you have some other ideas about how we could improve Procreate, please let us know here or via email at email@example.com. We're always happy to take on new ideas!
- Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- 186.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Savage Interactive
- ₹ 799
- In-App Purchases
- Early Access 2015 Free
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.