Quartz's news app puts the entire global economy in your pocket. It's an ongoing conversation about the news, sort of like texting. We'll send you messages, photos, GIFs, links, and—our newest treat—3D objects that you can view in augmented reality.
You decide when you're interested in learning more about a news item. Each session lasts just a few minutes, so it's perfect for the train, elevator, grocery store line, or wherever you have a spare moment. And here's the secret about our little news bot: It's written by humans! Smart journalists who just want to keep you informed and entertained.
We're proud to have been named an Apple editors' choice and one of the 10 best iPhone apps of 2016. Some other accolades we're not exactly bashful about:
• GQ's 100 best things in the world right now
• Fast Company's 8 must-download apps for your new iPhone
• CNET's favorite apps of 2016
• Business Insider's best iPhone apps of 2016
• OK, we'll stop now :)
The app is really simple to use. Here are some other features:
• Experience the news in AR. When telling you about an interesting object that's in the news, we may invite you view a 3D model of it right there in front of you.
• Notifications that are relevant and fun. You decide which alerts to receive, and we won't buzz your phone unless it's really, really important.
• Sometimes our notifications also come with photos, charts, animated GIFs, or other media attached to them. Pretty crazy.
• Take a 24-hour break from news about the US president with Trump Snooze.
• On the Today screen, view our most interesting chart of the moment.
• Apple Watch owners, gauge the markets with an emoji on your watch face.
• No more news? Relax. We'll give you a quiz or something else to do.
This app is a new way to read the news that's really made for your phone. We hope you like it. Let us know what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Start your workday with a quick catchup on what happened while you were sleeping. Starting with this new version, we'll send you a morning notification with the latest. You can view the details inside the notification itself (fancy!), or tap through to view it in the app.
To mark this new feature and the app's next chapter, we have renamed ourselves... Quartz Brief. As in, short. Get it? But don't worry, nothing else is changing! Just the name.
Ratings and Reviews
For those of us who spend half our day texting comes a creative new way to stay informed. Every time you open Quartz, you get the news—political, pop-culture, and more—in a series of short messages. Tap on links or emoji to jump to the full story, or use a pre-written reply to get the next entertaining summary. Using Quartz feels like a fun conversation with a well-read friend—complete with GIFs, images, and snarky comments.
Getting news in such a brief and interesting manner keeps you hooked it! Other media and news sites unceremoniously attach their views and opinions with it! The whole purpose of sending news is that it should be fact based not opinion based! Quartz you guys did that beautifully by just presenting facts and letting readers make up opinions!
The app is developed amazingly! Kudos to the out of the box thinking!👏🏻
I love it. It’s unique way of telling the news is a gem. It’s wonderful. The only drawback is that this app has too less news to tell. Every time I’m in flow they say you’re all caught up which is really annoying and irritated. I hope the developers will do something about it and make it more interesting and large so that I can read news at least for an hour.
- Quartz Media LLC
- 46.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © 2018 Quartz Media, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.