Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Remote is designed to be in perfect sync with iTunes. With just a few taps on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, you can play iTunes Radio from anywhere in your home. Choose playlists, songs and albums as if you were in front of your computer or Apple TV. Or play them from iCloud with iTunes Match on Apple TV. Control your Apple TV with the flick of your finger or use the keyboard to quickly tap out a title instead of clicking letters on the Apple TV screen.
Control your iTunes Library
• Browse, listen to and control your iTunes library from anywhere in your home
• Create and update iTunes playlists, including Genius playlists
• View album, film and TV programme artwork
• See upcoming songs with Up Next
• Search your entire iTunes library
• Control shared libraries on iTunes and Apple TV
Control your Apple TV
• Use simple gestures to control Apple TV
• Enter text with the keyboard
• Browse, listen to and control your iTunes Match library on Apple TV
• Browse your purchased films and TV programmes in the app and play them on Apple TV
Play iTunes Radio
• Play iTunes Radio on your Mac, PC or Apple TV
• Browse and play Featured Stations and My Stations
• Create a station from a song or artist
Listen with AirPlay Speakers
• Control iTunes to send music to AirPlay speakers
• Set the volume on each speaker independently
• Requires a device with iOS 7.1 or later
• Controlling iTunes Radio requires iTunes 11.1.3 or later or Apple TV Software 6.1 or later
• Requires a Wi-Fi connection to Apple TV or iTunes on a Mac or PC
What's New in Version 4.2.1
Remote 4.2.1 includes a number of minor performance improvements and adds support for iOS 8.
The latest version of the App has virtually become unusable. It works fine once, but if you switch to another app and get back to it, the connection to the Apple TV is lost and gets into a endless loop trying to connect to it. The only fix is to kill the app and launch it again. Same issue on both the iPhone 5S and 6.
The App has practically become unusable. When multitasking with other app while this app is on, this one becomes unusable which blinks between startup screen and remote screen. One needs to switch off the app and restart each time user toggles between diff apps
The app did work well on iphone4 though but not on iphone6
This is a good app it is working good on my iPhone 6 and it is good working app but it is not working on my iPad 2 it is not connecting to iTunes so pls upgrade it .
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 17 September 2014
- Version: 4.2.1
- Size: 25.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
- © 2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.