Signal - Private Messenger
By Open Whisper Systems
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Privacy is possible, Signal makes it easy.
Using Signal, you can communicate instantly while avoiding SMS fees, create groups so that you can chat in real time with all your friends at once, and share media all with complete privacy. The server never has access to any of your communication and never stores any of your data.
• Say Anything - Signal uses an advanced end to end encryption protocol that provides privacy for every message every time.
• Open Source - Signal is Free and Open Source, enabling anyone to verify its security by auditing the code. Signal is the only private messenger that uses open source peer-reviewed cryptographic protocols to keep your messages safe.
• Be Yourself - Signal uses your existing phone number and address book. There are no separate logins, usernames, passwords, or PINs to manage or lose.
• Group Chat - Signal allows you to create encrypted groups so you can have private conversations with all your friends at once. Not only are the messages encrypted, but the Signal server never has access to any group metadata such as the membership list, group title, or group icon.
• Fast - The Signal protocol is designed to operate in the most constrained environment possible. Using Signal, messages are instantly delivered to friends.
• Speak Freely - Make crystal-clear voice and video calls to people who live across town, or across the ocean, with no long-distance charges.
For support, questions, or more information, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter (@WhisperSystems) for all of the latest updates and announcements.
What's New in Version 2.18.2
• *NEW FEATURE* Added a GIF picker, utilizing our anonymous proxy. Tap the attachment icon, select GIF to get started.
• Updated the message compose screen to organize contacts by letter and to include groups in search results.
• You can now pull to refresh your inbox. Normally this isn't necessary, but this can be helpful if you are using censorship circumvention and unable to receive push notifications.
• Fixed issue where some iOS11 users who had disabled notifications were unable to receive messages.
• Enhanced video calls to be smoother and use less battery.
• Fixed issue where the detailed message "Info" screen would crop long messages.
• Fixed illegible SMS-invite navigation bar buttons.
If the network isn't fine then message sending gets failed. It should send the message automatically after the network connection is established properly.
The position of the delete button alongwith archive is terrible. sometimes the chat gets deleted by mistake while we try to archive it and there is no way to restore it. Buttons such as delete which which implements irreversible actions should be placed such that the probability of accidently clicking on them is less.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 08 November 2017
- Version: 2.18.2
- Size: 54.0 MB
- Languages: English, Albanian, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Shona, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Developer: RIDDLE QUIET VENTURES, LLC
- © Open Whisper Systems
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.