Skype keeps the world talking. Say “hello” with an instant message, voice or video call – all for free*, no matter what device they use Skype on. Skype is available on phones, tablets, PCs and Macs.
• Video calls – Don’t just hear the cheers, see them! Get together with 1 or 24 of your friends and family on a HD video call. Watch everyone’s smiles and cries when you tell them “We’re engaged!!!”
• Chat – Reach people instantly. Send messages to your friends, grab someone’s attention with @ mentions or create a group chat to plan a family reunion.
• Share – Send photos and videos with your family and friends. Save shared photos and videos to your camera roll. Share your screen to make travel plans with friends or present designs to your team.
• Voice calls – Camera shy? Make voice calls to anyone in the world on Skype. You can also call mobile and landlines at low rates.
• Express yourself – Liven up conversations with emoticons, click on the “+” in chat to send a Giphy or images from the web, and annotate images with words, lines and more.
*Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- Share contacts into your conversations.
- Support for 2x zoom (device dependent) when capturing photos and video.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
So buggy its infuriating
A superior service before Microsoft, Skype now makes you look for alternatives. Their login system via PC and Microsoft is hugely problematic, confusing PC login on Windows with the actual service login. The user interface needs to move from its robotic 1990s logic to the 21C. Let’s nor forget the major hack that led to a huge security breach with viruses galore going out to contact lists. Has that been fixed?
That said, its still a useful tool when it works but theres tons of room for improvement. Call clarity is usually fine, as is video and chat. Not a first choice any more though.
Amazing design and buttery smooth on my iPhone 7
Skype works amazing and the UI is beautiful. I love the iconography and the attention to detail on transitions. I am pretty sure I won't be using the highlights features but its not bothering me so I am okay with it. What I love the most is dark more and being able to change the chat bubble styles. It's a hard task to design such an app and I really appreciate it.
Saves time, energy and frustrations by allowing a good conversation to happen with all supporting functions of screen sharing and video sharing.... all at the same time.
I must confess that living in a big city has
It’s disadvantages related to commuting in peak traffic.
Skype has helped me and our teams to be as effective as anyone can be in remote locations, without having to navigate the city traffic or even travel to distant places to get the work done.
My wife’s job interviews were all on Skype.
My sincere thanks to the team that has made it possible.
I do share my bit of frustrations when the network speeds are a little above turtle’s... not sure if Skype can do anything in those situations.
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 134.4 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2003 - 2018 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up ₹ 399
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.