Skype keeps the world talking. Say “hello” with an instant message, voice or video call – all for free*, no matter what device they use Skype on. Skype is available on phones, tablets, PCs and Macs.
• Video calls – Don’t just hear the cheers, see them! Get together with 1 or 24 of your friends and family on a HD video call. Watch everyone’s smiles and cries when you tell them “We’re engaged!!!”
• Chat – Reach people instantly. Send messages to your friends, grab someone’s attention with @ mentions or create a group chat to plan a family reunion.
• Share – Send photos and videos with your family and friends. Save shared photos and videos to your camera roll. Share your screen to make travel plans with friends or present designs to your team.
• Voice calls – Camera shy? Make voice calls to anyone in the world on Skype. You can also call mobile and landlines at low rates.
• Express yourself – Liven up conversations with emoticons, click on the “+” in chat to send a Giphy or images from the web, and annotate images with words, lines and more.
*Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
Call landline and device numbers and send SMS messages anywhere in the world at affordable prices using Skype. Reach non-Skype users or contacts who are not online by choosing Skype Credit or Skype subscriptions.
Choose Skype Credit as a pay-as-you-go option to call and SMS. If you call specific destinations, save even more with monthly subscriptions. Skype subscriptions are monthly calling plans that let you make unlimited, or fixed-minute calls to landlines (and mobiles where applicable). Subscriptions begin at $2.99 a month for US, and can vary by destination. To make an in-app purchase, open the app, go to the Call tab and tap on the Skype to Phone banner. Skype Credit and Subscriptions purchased from the Skype app will be charged to your iTunes account when the purchase has been confirmed.
Your account will be charged for Skype subscription renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Your subscription is renewed automatically unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period of subscription.
You can manage your subscription by going to your Apple ID account settings and choosing the auto-renewal option or turning it off at any time after your purchase.
• Privacy and Cookies policy: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=507539
• Microsoft Services Agreement: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=530144
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- You can now start a group call in groups up to 50 members.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
So buggy its infuriating
A superior service before Microsoft, Skype now makes you look for alternatives. Their login system via PC and Microsoft is hugely problematic, confusing PC login on Windows with the actual service login. The user interface needs to move from its robotic 1990s logic to the 21C. Let’s nor forget the major hack that led to a huge security breach with viruses galore going out to contact lists. Has that been fixed?
That said, its still a useful tool when it works but theres tons of room for improvement. Call clarity is usually fine, as is video and chat. Not a first choice any more though.
Amazing design and buttery smooth on my iPhone 7
Skype works amazing and the UI is beautiful. I love the iconography and the attention to detail on transitions. I am pretty sure I won't be using the highlights features but its not bothering me so I am okay with it. What I love the most is dark more and being able to change the chat bubble styles. It's a hard task to design such an app and I really appreciate it.
Saves time, energy and frustrations by allowing a good conversation to happen with all supporting functions of screen sharing and video sharing.... all at the same time.
I must confess that living in a big city has
It’s disadvantages related to commuting in peak traffic.
Skype has helped me and our teams to be as effective as anyone can be in remote locations, without having to navigate the city traffic or even travel to distant places to get the work done.
My wife’s job interviews were all on Skype.
My sincere thanks to the team that has made it possible.
I do share my bit of frustrations when the network speeds are a little above turtle’s... not sure if Skype can do anything in those situations.
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 143.6 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2003 - 2019 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up ₹ 399
- World ₹ 1,249
- India ₹ 749
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.