Suggester is a tool to assist in the creation of songs and chord progressions. This app will help you find chords that work together. It is efficient and fun; use it to build musical phrases that will carry emotion through tension and release.
Simply touch a chord to hear how it sound like. Press the play button to hear the chord progression sequentially and adjust the playback speed.
You can work either forward or backward:
FORWARD - Pick a scale, then build your song from the chords that the app suggests. That's the quickest way to assemble chords that are compatible.
BACKWARD - From the catalog, pick a set of chords that you like. The app will tell you what scales it matches with. After you have selected the scale you want to use, the app can tell you what chords will fit in with the ones you entered before. That is extremely useful in jam sessions!
To spice things up, you can borrow chords from parallel scales.
You can also explore classic chord progressions.
Use Drag and Drop to reorder chords. Hold your finger on an item for a second to start the drag operation. On iPad, you can also drag chords directly from the suggestions to anywhere in your progression.
Swipe a chord from right to left to delete it.
When you're satisfied, save your experimentations for later reference. Export them by email using either a MIDI file or plain text. You can also open the MIDI file in another app.
Every sound generated with the app is also sent to the MIDI output, configurable in the Options. You can route these notes to another app on your device, an external MIDI port, or remotely to another computer by setting up a MIDI Network Session.
You can trigger chords through the MIDI input.
Sync up your tempo with other apps with the help of Ableton Link.
In the free version, some of these features are locked. Reach full productivity by purchasing a Full Unlock. You only need to buy it once for all your devices. To unlock your purchase on another device, select "Restore Purchases" in the Options.
• Electric Piano
Chromatic Harmony Devices:
• Secondary dominant chords
• Secondary leading-tone chords
• Neapolitan chord
• Augmented sixth chords (Italian, French, German)
• Borrowed chords
Scale Types :
• Major (Ionian)
• Natural Minor (Aeolian)
• Harmonic Minor
• Harmonic Major
• Jazz Minor
• Hungarian Minor
• Phrygian Dominant
• Minor Blues
• Major Blues
• Whole Tone
• Neapolitan Major
• Neapolitan Minor
• Double Harmonic Major
• Altered Dominant
• Pentatonic Major
• Pentatonic Minor
Chord Types :
• major triad (maj)
• minor triad (m)
• power chord (5)
• dominant 7th (7)
• minor 7th (m7)
• major 7th (M7)
• minor major seventh (mMaj7)
• half-diminished seventh (m7b5)
• major seventh flat fifth (Maj7b5)
• minor major seventh flat fifth (minMaj7b5)
• dominant seventh flat fifth (7b5)
• dominant seventh sharp ninth (7#9)
• dominant seventh flat ninth (7b9)
• diminished seventh (dim7)
• augmented major seventh (augMaj7)
• dominant 7th suspended 2nd (7sus2)
• dominant 7th suspended 4th (7sus4)
• major 7th suspended 2nd (Maj7sus2)
• major 7th suspended 4th (Maj7sus4)
• 9th (9)
• minor 9th (m9)
• major 9th (Maj9)
• minor major 9th (mMaj9)
• 6/9 (6/9)
• minor 6/9 (6/9)
• diminished (dim)
• augmented (aug)
• added 2nd (add2)
• suspended 2nd (sus2)
• suspended 4th (sus4)
• dominant eleventh (11)
• minor eleventh (m11)
• major eleventh (Maj11)
• minor major eleventh (mMaj11)
• dominant thirteenth (13)
• minor thirteenth (m13)
• major thirteenth (Maj13)
• minor major thirteenth (mMaj13)
• Italian augmented sixth (It+6)
• French augmented sixth (Fr+6)
• German augmented sixth (Gr+6)
• and more!
• Compatibility with AudioBus 3.
• Compatibility with Ableton Link.
• Fully supports device rotation on iPad.
• Compatible with iPhone and iPad.
- improved stability when using AudioBus and inter-app audio.
- improved handling of audio session interruptions, such as phone calls.
Ratings and Reviews
ABSOLUTELY AWESOME APP
This app truly deserves 5-stars and is one of the greatest companions to any music composer. The chords so astounding with clarity that it makes you REALLY want to compose some music. All I wish is that the team makes this app better with updates and I'm sure ya can do it. Kudos to the team!!!!!!🎶🎶😆🎶🎶
Chords not played in time
The chord progressions are not being played in time. Since there is no built in metronome, I tested this with another metronome and found out that the chord progressions lag behind the beat significantly after a few chords and one complete loop never really falls on the correct beat. Poor tempo
It's the best app a musician can get!
It's absolutely brilliant, definitely worth getting!!
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Mathieu Routhier
- 111.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012-2018 Mathieu Routhier
- In-App Purchases
- Full Unlock ₹ 599
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.