Tata Sky Mobile
By Hungama Digital Media Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take your TV with you, everywhere you go! Watch Live TV, Catch Up TV and hundreds of Video on Demand titles on your iPhone. That’s not all. You can also use this app to control your Tata Sky+ HD box, browse through the EPG and record TV programmes.
Always be updated about your Tata Sky account summary and packs that you have subscribed to as well.
Features that can be used by all Tata Sky subscribers:
- Everywhere TV: carry your TV with you
• Live TV: stream live TV channels across genres like sports, news, entertainment and many more. To easily find channels you want to watch Genre based listing is available.
• Catch Up TV: stream the last five days' episodes of your favourite TV shows
• Video on Demand: stream/ download videos from our library of hundreds of movies, do it yourself tutorials and other fun videos
- Guide: browse through 4 day programme listings with synopsis
- Social sharing: share what your are watching with friends on Facebook
- My Tata Sky: View your Tata Sky account summary and current pack details
Features that can be used only by all Tata Sky+ HD subscribers:
- Wi-Fi remote: control your Tata Sky+ HD box:
• Full remote: this view is an exact representation of your Tata Sky remote
• Gesture remote: a quick way to change channels and control volume
• Quick remote: just one tap to tune to your favourite TV channels
- Remote record: set recordings for your favourite TV shows
-This version of the app is supported on iOS 5.1 or higher
-Different versions are available for iPad and iPhone
What's New in Version 3.3
- Added support for iOS 8
- To easily find channels you want to watch Genre based listing is now available in Everywhere TV.
- Minor UI enhancements
Needs significant improvement
I can't believe how this app has continued to be this clunky for so long. This would have been a great app…had this been 2007. But it's 2015 and the last thing you want is an app which stops responding "to load the menus!" This is hilarious. At a time when you have apps like Pixelmator and Paper on the iPhones and iPads, in comes Tata sky with an app which is so slow and clunky, developers from 2007 would be embarrassed. Look at how Dish TV has made its Ditto app. That is so, incredibly smooth. And then look at this. It's like going back in time. Honestly, get your stuff together folks. Rewrite the whole thing. India has way too many incredibly talented developers. This app is an embarrassment.
The app loading time is incredibly long. By the time the 4 day schedule loads, one would have visited the web version of the Tata sky website and set the recording options from there. Search option is pretty much a hit and a miss. Sometimes tapping the search option after entering keywords doesn't work at all. App needs improvement. Significant improvement.
App is slow & clunky, crashes often, need to also provide the channel number while selecting (or setting reminders for) a program. The reminder can be shown in the calendar feature just like 'What's On' provides..
The app crashes a lot. Also once opening the app the whole phone slows down and refuses to respond. It takes a long time to respond to a gesture. Not a very user friendly app. Needs some re-designing and thought for Tata Sky. Being one of the best DTH services in the country, the app fails to stick to it.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 26 September 2014
- Version: 3.3
- Size: 16.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Hungama Digital Media Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
- Copyrights © 2013-2014 Hungama.org
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.