The Hindu Briefcase is your news agenda for the day. This English news bulletin from The Hindu keeps you abreast of the news with concise, sharp and analytical reports. Backed by The Hindu’s expertise in reporting and analysing news, Briefcase is your refuge from the clutter of information on electronic and social media platforms.
Published six days a week — Monday to Saturday — the app is designed to provide a quick grasp of the news in a way that shows you why it matters and how to form an intelligent opinion around it.
• Briefcase News App is free to download
• Experience ad-free English news app reading
• View one article free, no sign-up required
• Enjoy 30 days Free Trial along with your purchase of Quarterly (or) Half Yearly (or) Annual Subscription
Features of the Briefcase App:
• Access to specially curated Ad-Free Breaking News Content
• Five important news stories of the day, delivered to you before dawn
• Short and Crisp Analysis covering all sections – World and India Political News, Economic News, Business News, Sports News etc.
• Important data points for the day from Stock Markets, Fuel Prices, City Weather and much more
• Play the daily ‘Question of the Day’
Briefcase membership offers full and unlimited access to the content throughout the subscription period. Subscribe to the Briefcase membership to avail the free trial service for the first month!
Briefcase News App subscriptions are 3 types - quarterly at Rs.99, half-yearly at Rs.149 and annual at Rs.299. (Invitational 1 year offer at Rs.149 for limited period of time) The annual subscription is limited period. Briefcase subscription is automatically renewed on iTunes each month unless explicitly cancelled using iTunes unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the expiry of the current cycle at the rate applicable in your country.
Cancellations to Briefcase subscription cannot be partial and includes the entire period if cancelled during an active subscription period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings on the device.
Terms & Conditions: http://www.thehindu.com/termsofuse/
Contact Us: email@example.com
About The Hindu
The Hindu, which was launched in 1878, has a national footprint and is printed in 21 centres. An independent editorial stance and a commitment to the reliable and balanced presentation of news have over the years earned it the serious attention and regard of people who matter in India and abroad.
Now everyone can read one free article everyday.
Share articles with others who do not have Briefcase application.
Ratings and Reviews
1. I subscribed to 1 year plan. Why I can't go to beyond 1 week's news. Please enable all dates from the day reader is subscribed to plan.
2. QoD: Why question related to that particular date which is not relevant to reader. For example, many of readers will be preparing for competitive exams. Why can't ask something related to Indian history, geography, Art and architecture related questions.
Ex: bad question: On this day which Chinese movie released in US?
Good question: QoD of August 9 and August 11. Both are related to Indian history and may come in exam state level civil service exams and UPSC.
3. Data point section in The Hindu gives information which is very useful. Why can't add that section also here.
It's great to read news in brief, as there are many other apps available but this app is certainly worth trying!
Issues with subscription
I’ve an issue with the app as I’ve subscribed to one year plan, yet the app is showing your subscription had expired please renew.
Whenever I try to go through AppStore it’s continually showing pop ups stating unable to connect to iTunes.
Please do check the same and update the app as soon as possible.
- KASTURI AND SONS LIMITED
- 61.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright© 2018, The Hindu
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Year ₹ 149
- 3 Months ₹ 99
- 6 Months ₹ 149
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.