#Featured in Macworld and the Washington Post!
Thumbly is an iPhone keyboard designed to be used with one hand. Standard mobile keyboards are awkward to use, requiring two thumbs to reach all the keys and involve uncomfortable thumb gymnastics. Thumbly's keys are ergonomically arranged and are easily reached with one thumb using a comfortable side-to-side motion.
Note: Currently only supports the ENGLISH language.
- Swipe to delete, return, shift and capslock.
- Suggests the next word you will type based on what you have already typed.
- Allows you to select between left handed and right handed versions of the keyboard via a button "toggle" press.
- Misspelled words are automatically corrected.
- Unknown words appear in quotes as a suggestion. Selecting this suggestion causes the word to be recorded for the future use of the spell checker.
- Easily accessible list of curated emoji.
- Disable autocorrect at will.
- Fixes bug were long pressing the period key on the right handed version of the keyboard did not bring up the secondary menu as expected.
- Fixes bug where the secondary menu for the "o" key was cut off at the top of the keyboard.
Ratings and Reviews
Unique design, but some improvement required
Very unique design and is really effective when it comes to thumb-only-typing. At the same time typing is slow as single thumb is being used whereas in traditional keyboard we use both. It has a dedicated key to switch between thumbs. Surface area for each key is insufficient as this leads to mistypes.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.