VLC for Mobile is a port of the free VLC media player to iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
It can play all your movies, shows and music in most formats directly without conversion.
It allows file synchronization with Dropbox, GDrive, OneDrive, Box, iCloud Drive, iTunes, direct downloads and through WiFi sharing as well as streaming from SMB, FTP, UPnP/DLNA media servers and the web.
VLC offers support for advanced subtitles including full SSA compatibility, multi-track audio, and playback speed control.
VLC for Mobile is completely free and open source.
· Added Corsican language
· Fixed a crash when reordering files outside of folders
· The Media title is now always visible when streaming to an external display
· Various Stability improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
App having problems
This is a the best app for videos and watching movies but there is a problem in the app that everytime i upload videos from my pc to iphone vlc app it shows multiple files with same name. If i upload file name “a” than when i open app it will show me 4-5 files with name “a”. Therfore i request you to fix this problem after that i will give you 5 star rating and one more thing that app doest allow me to make folders after certain amount i can make 2-3 folders after that whenever i try to make folder for other files it chooses different files to transfer in the folder look into that too!!!
UPDATE: Passcode issue
UPDATE (v3.0.2): This update fixed the issues of authentication
UPDATE (v3.0.1): The last update fixed the issue where Touch ID was allowed to unlock even when it was turned off in VLC settings but now when it’s turned on, then also Touch ID unlock option isn’t available or popping up. But still its not that big of an issue like the last one...
OLD REVIEW (v3.0.0): Since the last update even if I turn Touch ID authentication off, the app gives a pop up for unlocking via Touch ID. Fix it ASAP. Issue could be seen on iPhone 7 and iPad Pro 9.7. I’m sure other devices are facing it too...
Please try version 3.0.1 which should have fixed this issue.
Don't give updates just to make things messed up after that
This app was absolutely flawless...before a couple of updates..after the previous update, the song/ video was playing in repeat mode but with no sound..Now I have to unlock my device ad then audio starts working in sync with the video.
Now, after the current update, I thought u fixed it and gladly updated... result: no video or audio is playing in my iPad with a locked screen even when settings are tweaked.. I have to unlock every time and things start to work out of sync...video and audio are not matching...
just mention in the update features at least of the possible bugs... Now I can't go back to the previous version and this players is thus useless for me.
- 135.1 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Belarusian, Bosnian, Cambodian, Catalan, Corsican, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Faeroese, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © VideoLAN and authors
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.