Washington DC Guide
By Odijo, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This is not your typical city guide - this is a new way to explore Washington DC with your iPhone/iTouch and enlighten you on the way.
For each of the more than 50 listed memorials, museums, galleries and parks you are not only getting the basic facts (and directions from your current location) but also 3-5 insights meant to stimulate your brain and deepen your knowledge about what makes this city so extraordinary.
Navigate to the WHITE HOUSE and:
- Listen to Obama's weekly podcast address
- Watch how Jacqueline Kennedy did her famous White House tour or
- Read more in-depth details on Wikipedia.
Use the app to learn more about the places Robert Langdon visits in his latest quest, "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown.
Altogether more than 200 insights have been carefully selected ranging from humorous (Steven Colbert & President Obama) to heart breaking (soldier's personal account from World War II. after visiting the WW II. Memorial) to the most recent audio/video museum reviews.
Please note that although all insights have been carefully selected and screened at the time of collection, some of the content (e.g. Wikipedia) might have been altered in a way that it can contain mature/suggested content. Although this is a hypothetical scenario the rating has been adjusted accordingly as precaution.
This fully packed app is for the one-day traveler as well as for the native Washington resident to explore, discover and get intrigued by Washington - by the US history.
* 50+ must-see as well as off-the beaten path attractions in Washington DC
* 200+ hand-selected insights (podcasts, videos, audiobooks, websites) to further explore the Nation Capital's treasures
* Map displays all locations - relative to your current position
* Directions to any of the attractions from your current location are automatically calculated
* Special page to display and map all attractions "near by" (i.e. within 5 miles)
* General Washington DC insights available on "Trivia" pages
What's New in Version 3.5
* Added new venues
* Updated exhibition and event information
- Rs 110
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 29 June 2012
- Version: 3.5
- Size: 5.3 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Developer: Odijo, LLC
- © 2009 Odijo, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.