By WhatsApp Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
What's New in Version 2.17.10
• You can once again set a text-only update in your profile and it's called About. Tap Settings and then your profile name to edit it. Thanks for the feedback!
• Play videos right away without waiting for them to download first. Videos will still be downloaded to your phone as the video is playing.
• Tap the new moon icon in the WhatsApp camera to better capture photos and videos when it's dark
• When editing a photo, 3D touch the crop icon to instantly crop the photo and fill your phone's screen
Great app but need to evolve
Whatsapp has been the game changer for many. It helped people connect so easily that geographical limitations seem to be non existent nowadays. The constant changes and improvements like calling, video calling, voice messaging helped its users further. Everybody just loves it except in China 😊. The reason I have taken out one star is for the reason the even though there have been significant changes but they tend to be a bit slow. For eg. in today's environment when most of such messengers have either already or planning to move to AI/ Cognitive, whatsapp has not even introduced anything in this regard. Just a suggestion that ability to innovate and innovate it faster than others differentiates leaders from others. Kudos to the great work so far and I expect to see more updates soon.
Please give us passcode and touch ID option for iPhone users
Sir, Am an iPhone user. From beginning am missing the option of passcode and touch ID. In iphone there is no security for privacy in whatsapp. All friends can easily know our phone general passcode and they were reading our messages in whatsapp. So there is no option to hide our messages and we are facing problems. So Please understand our problem and give update with passcode and touch ID for whatsapp in iphone. Sir, seriously think on it please. Thank y.
Added feature of touch i.d
Sir, i am an iPhone user. And from starting am missing a feature that should be there. The option of passcode or touch id. For our privacy it is more important than end to end encryption. Because all our friends usually know our main passcodes. So there should be a seperate passcode or touch id for wtsup also like other apps. Even a worst app provides this. Then why you can not. Sir, seriously think on it plz. And bring the update as soon as possible.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 21 March 2017
- Version: 2.17.10
- Size: 139 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: WhatsApp Inc.
- © 2017 WhatsApp Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.