WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
• Adding contacts using WhatsApp is now easier. You can enter a phone number and check if it's on WhatsApp before saving it. Tap "New Chat" > "New Contact" to get started.
Ratings and Reviews
Such a good app: I have one suggestion
WhatsApp is the app I most frequently use. That is testimony to the importance, excellence and rigour of the team that built and currently maintain the app. Well done!
One suggestion for you guys. I would like WhatsApp to incorporate the feature that Inshorts currently uses on its app - the Inshorts Poll. This is such a relevant and useful tool especially on WhatsApp groups where it is really common for many people to have to narrow down options. For e.g. Someone on a group could raise a poll question: Should we go to McDonalds or Dominos for dinner? The person should also have the option to decide what the options are: whether yes, no, or maybe another day? Everyone on the group, say 10 people, have their say. The poll would constantly reappear each time a person votes. This way everyone gets to know quickly and with certainty, the popular option! Think about it. Implement if you agree.
Thanks for the wonderful app!
I’m using WhAtsapp since his released but you banned my account three days before without giving any proper reason. Yes I know as per WhAtsapp policy you reserved right to do anything without giving any formal notification or email but it doesn’t means you guys can do whatever you want.
I’m having only one number since last many years now I can’t use just because you banned. I don’t know who are those peoples who raised concerns for blocking my account but you should check first whether it’s wrong or fake.
I was added in some of group few days back and I’m not aware who was that person and I tried left twice/thrice but someone added again. You can check logs if you want to.
But now I have no such option. Because you reserves right to do anything by all that means you guys can do anything that’s why you blocked my account.
Kindly consider my situation and do release my account because at any any any cost I can’t change number and I use WhAtsapp for global communication as I can’t make international calls which is very higher but now I’m not able to do so. Please let me know if I have any option to release account. I will be more than happy to do anything. If you guys say don’t make any group, agreed I will not do but please please please do consider my problem.
Need a Lock on Archived Chats
Hello Whatsapp, to whomever it may concern. I am Aasvi and I am writing this to you knowing that you are fully capable of modifying whatsapp in any way you like. So please I am requesting you to add some privacy feature such as a Lock for Archived chats, which can be accessed by touch id. Every time I update whatsapp I always wait for that feature. Because no matter how many times we archive chats to protect from some eyes, it always pops up when we recieve a message. I have always loved whatsapp. So please its my humble request if you can add that lock for archived chats, it would be a total LIFESAVER for many! Just like Hike Messenger, please if it is possible, do add a lock. A lot of teenagers here in India are actively using hike, just because of its lock feature. We would be totally saved if Whatsapp had this toooo! Thank you so much. I am eagerly waiting. Thanks.
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 139.5 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 WhatsApp Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.