Accessing Wikipedia has never been faster and easier than with Wikipanion, designed for easy, search, navigation and display of Wikipedia entries. Streamline your browsing with history grouped by visit date, and bookmarking that not only bookmarks individual entries, but individual sections within an entry. Featuring intelligent features such as:
- Table of contents browser that knows where you are in the page
- Multiple search methods including Smart completion with entry preview, Google searching and a full text Wikipedia search
- Dual language searching and language switching (hiding languages you don't care about)
- Bookmark, including bookmarking individual sections of pages
- History, grouped by last visit date
- Full in-page searching
- Wiktionary dictionary term looking without leaving the current page
- Table based category browsing
- iCloud syncing
- Image saving to the Photo library
- Ogg vorbis audio playback for dictionary pronunciations and other audio content available on Wikipedia
- Contextual knowledge for sending links to specific sections in a Wikipedia entry
- Easily turn on automatic focusing of the search field on launch
Tip: To scroll to the top of a Wikipedia entry, hit the title bar at the top of the iPhone's screen (this works in Safari too).
Second tip: Click into the search bar to cancel a page load request.
See the Wikipanion web site for more details about all of the available features.
Wikipanion is advertisement free.
- Fixed an issue displaying citations
- Fixed some display issues
Ratings and Reviews
The best free wikipedia app for the iPhone. Period. It's got some great new features like related articles & orientation lock (which lets you decide whether you want to read the article in portrait & landscape mode & then locks it there) along with the usual ones like random page & table of contents. It also has quick access to the wiktionary for word lookups. Overall, an essential reference tool.
Excellent app, allowing you to access Wikipedia info from your iPhone. Download times are minimal, runs smoothly, and best of all, is free. Highly recommended.
Good app, can be better
Does the basic function very well, you can use it as a sub to official wiki app. 2 things found amiss were
1. Article of the day
2. Can't see pages swiping when i swipe for 'back' n 'forward'.
- Robert Chin
- 7.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2009-2016 Robert Chin
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.