ForeFlight Mobile EFB
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now in our 10th year, ForeFlight Mobile has become the essential and highly-rated app for pilots and flight operations that makes flight planning, flying, and logging a joy.
ForeFlight Mobile delivers advanced flight planning capabilities, terminal procedure charts, enroute navigation charts, moving map, synthetic vision, hazard awareness, optional Jeppesen charts, a comprehensive library of market-leading weather information and visualization features, in-flight weather via ADS-B and SiriusXM, a large library of advanced aircraft performance profiles, customizable checklists, integration with a wide range of certified avionics and portable ADS-B and GPS receivers, a document reader and cloud document capability for management of aircraft and flight operations publications, and an easy-to-use pilot logbook for keeping track of flight experience. ForeFlight is backed by our Fanatical Pilot Support™, which delivers amazingly fast, accurate, and friendly customer service.
ForeFlight requires a subscription. Visit our website for more information on the available plan levels.
Please note: Location is used to enable a moving map and record track logs, camera is used to attach photos to logbook, push notifications are used for important bulletins and flight alerts, and contacts are used to add people to flights.
Editor's Choice, Flying Magazine, January 2012, 2013, 2014
App of the Year, Aviation Consumer, July 2011
Best Selling iPad Aviation App: 2010, 2011, 2012
"Best app for IFR" - Aviation Consumer
"One of the most popular and most-respected aviation apps available" - Sporty's Pilot Shop
FLIGHT PLANNING, BRIEFING, & FILING
Plan flights via text input or use ForeFlight Touch Planning capabilities. Tap out a route in seconds, and quickly see if flights will be affected by weather or TFRs. Helpful Route, Altitude, and Procedure Advisors make planning easy and accurate. Generate a graphical preflight briefing and file your flight plan directly from the app. Print a professional-grade navlog for inflight reference.
Interactive weather layers include animated radar, global satellite and winds aloft, graphical AIR/SIGMETs, flight category, visibility, and more. View decoded METARs, TAFs, and MOS forecasts. Thoughtfully organized Imagery view puts a full range of forecast tools at your fingertips.
PLATES, CHARTS, & MAPS
Both VFR and IFR operations are covered with all of the essentials required for planning and navigation: data-driven Aeronautical Maps, VFR Sectionals, High/Low Enroute charts, SIDs, STARs, approach and taxi charts, and terrain, satellite, and street map views.
GEO-REFERENCED APPROACHES & TAXI CHARTS
Plates and taxi charts enable the real time display of your GPS location on the chart. They can also be overlaid on the Maps view along with weather and hazards.
GLOBAL HAZARD AWARENESS TECHNOLOGY
Plan and fly with more confidence in all conditions and terrain. ForeFlight’s top-down-view Hazard Advisor map layer, Terrain Profile View, and 3D Synthetic Vision seamlessly integrate into the map display to depict a clear picture of terrain and obstacle hazards anywhere in the world. When paired with an AHRS source, Synthetic Vision provides a backup attitude display.
Logbook is seamlessly integrated into the ForeFlight app, making it easy to log and share flights, track hours, review currency, record certificates and ratings, receive electronic instructor endorsements, and create experience reports. Your data is automatically synced across all your devices and protected in ForeFlight’s secure cloud storage.
ADDITIONAL INTEGRATED FEATURES INCLUDE:
• Airport & FBO Information for Thousands of Locations
• Weight & Balance
• Glide Advisor
• Built-in Documents Catalog
• Optional Cloud Documents via linking to Dropbox, Amazon S3, or Box
• Expected route flight notifications
• Over-the-air data updates
What's New in Version 9.2.1
Bug fixes and improved stability
Global Jeppesen Charts Now Available in ForeFlight
• Option to purchase Jeppesen charts for viewing on ForeFlight Mobile.
• Choose from thirteen standard chart coverage options that span the globe.
• Coverages include departure, arrival, and terminal procedures, airport charts, and the Jeppesen Airway Manual (Enroute charts coming soon).
• Jeppesen charts are available as an option in all ForeFlight individual and business plans.
• Purchase Jeppesen charts directly from ForeFlight, or link an active Jeppesen subscription inside of ForeFlight Mobile.
• Overlay geo-referenced SIDs, STARs, approach plates, and taxi charts onto the map and see your aircraft position, weather, and hazards in one seamless view (requires a Pro Plus or Performance Plus plan).
Global Procedure Advisor
• Jeppesen’s high-quality NavData® comes standard in every plan, improving data consistency between the mobile device and installed avionics, enhancing features like data-driven Aeronautical Maps (available in Plus plans), and expanding Procedure Advisor for all customers to airports around the world.
More Options to Import Custom Content with User Charts
• Import your custom charts and display them on the Maps view.
• User Charts supports the Mapbox MBTiles open source file type.
• Easily import via email attachment, drag-and-drop in iTunes, AirDrop, or direct link.
• Access User Charts in the maps layer selector or manage them in the User Content tab in the More view.
• Display a single User Chart with any other VFR or IFR chart type, imported User Map Layers, User Waypoints, weather layers, hazards, and fuel prices.
New in Logbook: Print in Traditional Format
• Logbook Detail Reports transform your digital flight entries into a format suitable to print for personal backup or professional job interviews.
• Option to choose between complete and condensed versions.
• Complete version mirrors the format of a traditional paper logbook, laying out flight entry details across two pages.
• Condensed version provides an overview of flight time on a single page.
• Layouts include endorsements and certificates.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: 14 July 2017
- Version: 9.2.1
- Size: 230 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German
- Developer: ForeFlight, LLC
- © 2017 ForeFlight LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Basic Plus – US, 1 Pilot for 3 MonthsUSD 61.99
- Basic - USA, 3 MonthsUSD 61.99
- Basic Plus – US, 1 Pilot for 1 YearUSD 123.99
- Pro - USA, 1 YearUSD 185.99
- Basic - USA, 1 YearUSD 92.99