KosmicMath 3rd Grade HD
By SlothMedia, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iPAD Single Player - Single Grade version of the KosmicMath product family which supports the educational scope and sequence learning requirements for: 3rd grade on the iPAD. (see KosmicMath 3rd Grade for iPhone / iPOD version).
KosmicMath reinforces the scope and sequence learning requirements by presenting problems appropriate to this grade level according to:
Number range for problems: 0 -to- 999
– Addition Facts: 0-999 : (required for promotion in all levels)
– Subtraction Facts: 0-999 : (required for promotion in all levels)
– Multiplication Facts: 0-19 ((required for promotion in intermediate levels)
– Division Facts: < 100 (required for promotion in upper levels)
At this grade level, KosmicMath presents problems as stacked (vertical) mathematical problems. (A) operand (B) = (answer)
KosmicMath is a space exploration game that uses NASA imagery, themed animations and sound affects creating an immersive educational experience. Two modes of play, Mission and Drill, encourage children to master their math tables and chart their progress.
In mission mode, players are urged to demonstrate mastery over basic mathematical operations as they travel through the solar system collecting alien trophies and visiting NASA web sites. In Drill mode, players are given a pop quiz which is individually scored, emailed and archived along with the problem set, player answers and statistics about the players responses. Data from mission mode and drill mode is saved for each player, synchronized to other iPhone, iPOD-Touch or iPAD devices and archived into the KosmicMath WEB portal for parent and teacher analysis of player performance.
At the heart of KosmicMath is a proprietary problem generation algorithm which mimics human instruction, by generating problems that are always appropriate to the player’s grade and experience level. KosmicMath’s problem generation algorithm tracks all student success and failures - constantly adjusting to each players’ unique learning requirements. The KosmicMath problem generation engine automatically adjusts the player’s difficulty and settings as they progress through 25 increasing levels of challenge.
Children are promoted when scoring 80% or higher across all required operands for their grade level. Promotion increases the problem number size and problem difficulty by reducing the amount of time allowed for answering the problem. In addition, the number of correct problems is increased as the student shows proficiency in the lower number sets; thus continually challenging the student towards demonstrated mastery of their elementary math tables. KosmicMath supports 5 promotion levels: Cadet, Navigator, Co-Pilot, Commander and Admiral.
– Two modes of operation: Mission & Drill
– Multi-level reward system encourages continued play
– Problems generated follow the Scope and Sequence operation and number sets approximating the school year
– Problem generation algorithm will not generate problems outside of a students current grade and experience level
– Problem generation algorithm self monitors student performance and adjusts difficulty striving for mastery
– Detailed and summary performance tracking by player
– Email notifications of progress and rewards
– Email notification of completed drills with problems and player answers
– Player roaming capability -- allows players to pickup any licensed KosmicMath device and continue their play where the last left off..
Parents who provide a valid email address will receive email notification of promotions, achievements and drills as they happen. In addition they may log onto the KosmicMath web site www.kosmicmath.com and view summary performance graphs and performance details for their child’s mathematical development. Each mission and drill taken can be reviewed in summary and detail form on the WEB site.
Customers Also Bought
- USD 3.75
- Category: Education
- Released: 19 November 2011
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 62.8 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: SlothMedia LLC
- © 2009, 2010, 2011 SlothMedia, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.