Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ScribbleMath Addition allows students to practice basic addition, and is packed with features that make it a prefect complement to instruction. Adjust problem difficulty, change how students answer questions, even add time limits! ScribbleMath Addition is a completely free version of ScribbleMath intended for K-2nd grade students who need practice with addition. Need more? The full version of ScribbleMath offers much more, and extends through basic algebraic equations.
Improving children's math understanding requires more than just practice. To help learners understand the problems they get wrong, we've built a powerful explanation engine into ScribbleMath. Each time a question is answered incorrectly, the student can pause the quiz they're taking and walk through the solution. For addition of single-digit numbers, ScribbleMath represents numbers as blocks on a number board so students learn that numbers can be represented by lengths. Long addition is broken apart and explained step-by-step. Helping a room full of students improve their addition just got a little bit easier!
As students use ScribbleMath and complete quizzes, they unlock stickers they can use to decorate the cover of their ScribbleMath practice book. In our user testing, students loved being able to make designs and patterns to personalize their virtual books.
ScribbleMath was designed from the ground-up to help you understand and follow your children's learning. ScribbleMath ties into the free Kodiak Reporting tool, allowing you to see when your children are using the app, identify questions they're missing, track their improvement over time, and more. Kodiak keeps you in control of your children's data, and brings you reports you can use for secondary assessment.
Kodiak supports multiple students and multiple iPads beautifully. You can create a profile for each student, and their progress is synced to the cloud so their unlocked stickers are always available. The quizzes you set up are also synced between iPads tied to your Kodiak account. Create a quiz on one iPad and students can take it on all the devices in your classroom.
- Create your own custom quizzes, or start with one of eight templates designed with the Common Core in mind.
- Let students take quizzes to earn stickers and decorate their digital practice books!
- Add time limits to quizzes to emphasize speed.
- Specify the size of operands that appear in problems. Numbers up to 100 are supported.
- Choose between three answer methods: Multiple Choice, Number pad, and Write and Circle, a groundbreaking response mode where students draw and circle their answers to check their work!
- Give students space to work! During a quiz, they can draw on the screen in three different colors to work through problems.
- Correct wrong answers. When students miss a question, they can choose to view a step-by-step explanation of the correct answer!
With a free Kodiak Reporting account:
- Create separate profiles for each student — profiles are synced to the cloud and across apps, and can be administered online!
- Use the Kodiak web dashboard to get a live view of each students' screen and identify children who need your help in real-time.
- View detailed reports of each students' progress over time, complete with each question they've answered. Great for secondary assessment!
- Print reports to share with parents.
What's New in Version 1.2
- Updates to Kodiak integration that make it easier to use in classrooms!
- Minor improvements to handwriting recognition
- Category: Education
- Updated: 15 March 2013
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 24.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: J Benjamin Gotow
- © 2012 J. Benjamin Gotow
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.