Social Studies 1st-6th Grade Digital Workbooks - Space Board Single Subject Series
By NeoLithix, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NeoLithix First-Sixth Grade Social Studies Space Board iPad App contains 18 great digital workbooks (Learning Modules), plus two BONUS digital workbooks for added fun & learning. First-Sixth grade age children (+ older children remedially) can hand-write in these workbooks countless times "digitally" using a stylus, rather than just once using "write-once and throw away" conventional workbooks. A great "green" product! Students' hand-written work is digitally recorded for later review by parent, teacher or tutor.
- Social Studies ONLY - Great for Social Studies Teachers & Tutors to have a full range of materials
- Provides over 500 pages for children to write, trace & color by hand, learning the fun digital way
- Self-paced, self-tutoring, provides for guilt-free repetition so students can master the materials
- All Learning Modules use a unique Question/Answer instant self-assessment feature that allows students to immediately self-check their work by displaying the correct answer right next to their hand-written answer, thus leveraging parent's, teacher's & tutor's limited time
- Built-in on-line videos for workbook overview and a quick-start user's guide
- Child's hand-drawn and written work can be snap-shot archived and then printed or emailed later
- Student uses a capacitive writing stylus which allows the student to interact with the learning content through writing by hand, as opposed to simply tapping or touching the screen, clicking on a mouse or typing on a keyboard. Writing by hand makes learning fun, faster & easier!
Learning objectives in this Social Studies First-Sixth Grade app include:
- 1st GRADE: Citizenship, Symbols and Mottos of Texas & Symbols and of the US
- 2nd GRADE: Map & Globe Skills, Citizenship, Community Helpers
- 3rd GRADE: Map & Globe Skills, Communities, Government
- 4th GRADE: Indians of the Coastal Plains, Famous Texans, Six Flags of Texas
- 5th GRADE: Milestones of the Revolution, Revolutionary War, History Makers
- 6th GRADE: The Olmecs & the Mayans, The Aztec Civilization, Hernando Cortez
Plus Two Bonus Books:
- Blank Pages for Creative Drawing
- Ruled Pages for Creative Writing
Recent research & studies confirm that writing by hand promotes visual motor integration (hand-eye coordination) as well as cognitive and conceptual development and other intellectual and physiological skills. Writing by hand strengthens students cognitive development helps them grasp and express complex concepts and ideas and improves their overall intellectual achievement. To read these articles: http://theweek.com/article/index/207846/how-writing-by-hand-makes-kids-smarter
Total Library Offerings:
- PreK (Astronaut Series)
- Kindergarten (Rocket Series)
- 1st-6th Grades: Math, Science, Language Arts & Social Studies
- ALL Math, ALL Science, ALL Language Arts, ALL Social Studies for 1st-6th Grades
For more information:
What's New in Version 1.1.6
Added new “Water Color” feature option to color pallet… provides translucence to handwriting with stylus so pages’ black-ink images not obliterated or marked-over… makes for a much better tracing & coloring experience for the student.
- USD 24.79
- Category: Education
- Updated: 06 January 2012
- Version: 1.1.6
- Size: 57.5 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: NeoLithix, LLC
- © 2009 - 2011 NeoLithix, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.