Di Columbia University, University of Maryland, and Smithsonian Institution
Apri iTunes per acquistare e scaricare le app.
Leafsnap is the first in a series of electronic field guides being developed by researchers from Columbia University, the University of Maryland, and the Smithsonian Institution. This free mobile app uses visual recognition software to help identify tree species from photographs of their leaves.
Leafsnap contains beautiful high-resolution images of leaves, flowers, fruits, petioles, seeds, and bark to aid identification. These high-resolution images were created by the conservation organization Finding Species.
Leafsnap currently includes trees found in the Northeastern United States and Canada. The inclusion of Canadian trees is through collaboration with the Canadian Wildlife Federation, with support from TD Friends of the Environment Foundation.
Novità nella versione 1.07
- Expanded species coverage to Eastern Canada, with 36 new species
- Fixed minor bugs
Anche se ha qualche problema, non mi permette di vedere l'anteprima dell'immagine per lo scatto. Il database non aggiorna completamente le immagini. Dove sono finiti gli sviluppatori?
This App has several problems:
1) you have to pay to get it, but it's clearly an omitted information when you find it on the App Store and click on it to get it;
2) it's pretty slow and the recognition doesn't work if you don't put the leaf over a white surface;
3) the recognition database is too small!
Not worth buying!
Cannot even upload a pic in reasonable time on iPhone 5s.
Go back to work.
- Categoria: Istruzione
- Aggiornato: 05/06/2015
- Versione: 1.07
- Dimensioni: 119 MB
- Lingua: Inglese
- Sviluppatore: Peter Belhumeur
- © 2015 Columbia University, University of Maryland, and the Smithsonian Institution
Compatibilità: Richiede iOS 5.1.1 o versioni successive. Compatibile con iPhone, iPad e iPod touch.