This free app is intended for pregnant women with type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes, and for women that develop gestational diabetes during their pregnancy. The app is also intended for diabetic women who wish to become pregnant.
The content is created based on the recommendations of the Centre for Pregnant Women with Diabetes at Rigshospitalet in Copenhagen. All content in this app has been written by Chief Physician, Consultant at the Department of Endocrinology, Professor Elisabeth R. Mathiesen and Chief Physician, Consultant in Obstetrics Clinic, Professor Peter Damm. Both have many years of experience in research and treatment of pregnancy and diabetes.
The app covers following subjects, all with a special focus on being pregnant with diabetes:
What is diabetes?
- Basic information about what diabetes is
- Why is it important to plan your pregnancy when you are diabetic?
- How to plan your pregnancy?
- Which complications do you need to be aware of when you are pregnant with diabetes?
- How can this reflect on the mother?
- How can this reflect on the fetus?
- What are the recommendations of blood sugar level when being pregnant?
- How does the blood sugar influence the fetus?
- What about hypos and hypers?
- What is the recommended weight gain during a pregnancy?
Diet and carbohydrates
- Why is it important to count carbohydrates when you have type 1, type 2 or gestational diabetes?
- What is special for pregnant women with for type 1 diabetics, and why is it important that they count carbohydrates?
- How does physical activity influence the blood sugar?
- What is important to remember when you are active and diabetic?
- How does the mother’s diabetes influence the fetus?
- What are the statistics that the child will get diabetes?
- When you are a type 1 diabetic, how will your pregnancy influence your insulin dose doing the 40 weeks?
- What is special for woman using pump?
- Should women with type 2 diabetes and gestational diabetes have insulin?
In need of help?
- When should you call for help?
- Are there special scans for women with type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes?
- What influence the plans for delivery when the mother is diabetic?
- Why is it often necessary that the mother and child have to stay in the hospital for a few days after delivery?
- What are the special needs for a baby with a diabetic mother?
- How does the insulin dose change for a type 1 mother after delivery?
- What happens when you have had gestational diabetes during pregnancy?
- Soren Rasmussen
- 7.3 MB
- Richiede iOS 6.0 o versioni successive. Compatibile con iPhone, iPad e iPod touch.
- Danese, Inglese, Svedese
- Classificazione: 4+
- © Hellen Marguerite Juul
Se “In famiglia” è stato attivato, fino a sei membri della famiglia potranno usare l’app.