Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Aerospace Acronyms is a handy pocket reference to the aerospace industry. It serves as a decoder ring for the myriad of commonly-used (28,000+) acronyms used operationally in the space, aviation, and military aviation fields.
This product is an invaluable aid for pilots, students, aviation and space enthusiasts, military historians, anyone working in the aerospace industry, flight-simmers, and anyone visiting aviation or space museums.
Aerospace Acronyms is a compilation of three other products: Aviation Acronyms, Military Aviation Acronyms, and Space Acronyms, placing all of their databases in one place.
In total, there are 14 databases, which can be turned on and off to help focus searching.
For Space, we have five databases:
- ArianeSpace: acronyms used by launch customers.
- Energia: Acronyms used by launch customers.
- Sea Launch: Acronyms used by launch customers.
- NASA: 15,000 terms covering the Apollo and STS eras.
- Space Command: Terms used by the US military's space operations, including rocket and missile designators.
For Aviation, there are three databases:
- Flight: Acronyms widely used in commercial and aviation.
- Boeing: Boeing-specific commercial airplane acronyms.
- Airbus: Airbus-unique acronyms, from the 1980s onward.
And for Military, we have five databases:
- Military: 8000 terms covering military aviation operations.
- Military Ident: Official US airplane designators and their common names. This database lets you search both ways ((Fighting Falcon to F-16 and F-16 to Fighting Falcon).
- Command: Military organizations and command structures.
- Slang: Common military aviation slang, much of which has found its way into normal procedures. This database also contains aircraft nicknames (as opposed to common names), and lets you search both ways (Lawn Dart to F-16 and F-16 to Lawn Dart).
Lastly, tying everything together, there is a Tech database, defining basic physical terms, such as "m" for "meter."
We have gone to great pains not only to remove duplicate entries, but also to help design the databases such that you can control which ones to search, helping significantly focus your search results.
- USD 1.99
- Category: Education
- Released: 04 August 2011
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 1.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Flight Simulation Systems, LLC
- © 2011 Flight Simulation Systems, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.