By Center for Responsive Politics
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
If you’ve ever wondered who pays the bill for all those TV ads and political campaigns for Congress every election year, now you can find out. From the non-partisan Center for Responsive Politics, here are the facts behind who’s financing American elections. Here’s what you’ll find in the app:
How Washington really works
* 10 Things every American needs to know about money in politics
The money that elects Congress
* Contribution profiles for every current member of Congress, showing their
- Top donors
- Top industry/interest group supporters
- In-state vs. out-of-state money
* Contribution profiles of every major industry & interest group, showing
- Which interest groups give the most
- Which politicians get the most money
Who paid for this election
* Spending and contribution profiles of every Congressional and Senate race in 2012
All the information comes from the Center for Responsive Politics and is based on official data filed by campaigns with the Federal Election Commission. CRP has been tracking the patterns of money in US elections for more than 20 years, and its award-winning website - OpenSecrets.org - has long been a respected resource for Washington insiders from all sides of the political spectrum.
If you ever wanted to follow the money in Washington, here’s your chance. Don’t wait for Congress to investigate, do it yourself!
What's New in Version 1.0.1
Updated historical data and static content. Minor design changes.