By Adrien Gabriel
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iCockcroft is an iPhone application used for medical purposes that allows you to assess adult renal function by calculating creatinine clearance.
If the Cockcroft & Gault defined in 1976 is usually and preferably used, the latter is not adequate in certain conditions (cited as follows) and leaves room to the MDRD formula (Modification of the Diet in Renal Disease):
- Patients> 65 years
- Cirrhosis with ascites
The iPhone application iCockcroft helps you calculate the clearance of creatinine by dint of two formulas to assess the extent of renal insufficiency.
The value obtained will appear in a different color depending on the degree of renal insufficiency:
- Green: absence of renal insufficiency
- Yellow: mild degree of renal insufficiency
- Orange: advanced stage of renal failure
- Red: terminal end-stage renal failure
You will be able to choose also the creatinine unit (micromol/l, mg/dL, mg/L) and the weight unit : kilograms or pounds
What's New in Version 1.2
- Spanish, Dutch, German and Italian translations
- Add the mg/L unit for creatinine
- USD 1.99
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 06 July 2010
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 0.4 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Adrien GABRIEL
- iCockcroft is copyright © 2010 Adrien Gabriel & applications-medicales.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.