IDdx: Infectious Disease Queries
By USBMIS, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
IDdx was built for queries. Users can find lists of matching infectious diseases by using the disease search criteria (99 signs & symptoms, 39 epidemiological factors, and 16 regions of the world). The user can see all the symptoms associated with a disease or see all the diseases associated with a symptom. See http://www.iddx.com/gideon.html for how IDdx compares to GIDEON, the only other infectious disease application built as a relational database to supports queries.
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH IDdx?
- Explore the database of 253 diseases in 15 categories.
- Search by Disease Name or Disease Criteria.
- Disease criteria include 99 signs & symptoms, 39 epidemiological factors, and 16 regions of the world.
- Search by Occupation. Results are sorted by high-risk job tasks.
- Search by one or more incubation periods.
- Examples of epidemiological factors are ingest (entry), soil (source), ticks (vector), and cats (reservoir).
- Access diseases worldwide or limit the search to those endemic to the United States.
WHAT IS THE CONTENT? - Similar to the Control of Communicable Diseases Manual, the content includes coverage of 253 important infectious diseases organized into the following categories: arthropod-borne, bioterrorism, childhood, community-acquired, foodborne, gastroenteritis, sapronoses, localized infections, sexually-transmitted, and zoonoses.
What's New in Version 220.127.116.117
* The query database now reloads automatically after a background update
* Fixed missing bookmark icons after the application is restarted
* Fixed bug where query selections were not visible after pressing "Back"
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 13 November 2013
- Version: 18.104.22.1687
- Size: 9.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: USBMIS, Inc.
- Copyright © 2013, Jay A. Brown, MD, MPH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.