By Driftwood Consulting Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
LabDx is the application for medical students, doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals who need quick access to information on over 300 laboratory tests. LabDx was developed by a board-certified pathologist with more than 25 years of experience in a large teaching hospital. The information is current, relevant to medical practice and, above all, accurate.
Tests are arranged into categories by organ system or type of analyte. They can also be searched alphabetically. Each test displays:
Reference range (normal values)
- both conventional and SI units
- includes pediatric ranges for hematology tests
- values are from a major academic medical center
Causes for increased and decreased values
- arranged in a logical manner to help you learn and remember
- supports diagnostic reasoning
Brief description of the test
- describes what the test measures
- includes information on ordering and interpretation
External link to Lab Tests Online (www.labtestsonline.org)
- award-winning, peer-reviewed website on laboratory testing
- authoritative source for patients and medical professionals
You can add your own information for each test by tapping the Notes button. Customize each test to include all the details you need to know for rounds, diagnostic workups, and patient conferences.
Tutorials are another unique feature of LabDx. These are short, focused articles that deal with a single topic. Some tutorials describe general concepts related to laboratory testing - others give an approach to a clinical problem. You can think of them as lecture notes, edited to provide the essential information as clearly as possible.
Here are a few of the comments we have received:
"I really love this app and use it in my daily practice as a GP."
"It has proven to be an essential medical resource for me in my profession as a nurse educator."
"I use your app constantly - best of breed."
Whether you are a health sciences student or a practitioner in the field, this app will help you to understand lab tests. More information is available on our website - please contact us if you have any questions.
What's New in Version 3.0
***** Completely rebuilt for iOS 7 *****
New user interface
- Critical values for selected tests
- Sample collection information
- Test panels
Updates to reference ranges
Added links to Lab Tests Online
New/updated test entries
- Antinuclear antibodies (ANA)
- International normalized ratio (INR)
- Ionized calcium
- USD 4.99
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 13 August 2014
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 5.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Driftwood Consulting Ltd.
- © 2014 Driftwood Consulting Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.