By Amedeo Farello
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
GI20Editor is a software editor for the Roland GI-20 GK-MIDI guitar interface.
Besides being the only alternative to programming the device through a knob, a two digit display and a few buttons, GI20Editor can greatly enhance the guitar/synthesizer connection experienced through the GI-20.
A detailed manual and a demo version are available at http://web.tiscali.it/farello/gi20/index.html.
• clear and easy access to all the GI-20 parameters
• save complete GI-20 setups as documents, for backup purposes and fast switching between different configurations
• import and export of GI-20 dump files
• patch related copy, paste and swap commands, plus a powerful 'paste special' function to apply only selected changes, possibly extending them to all patches at once
• direct connection to a MIDI synthesizer
• on-the-fly substitution of GI-20 bank/program messages to allow rapid testing of different sounds without the need of a “bulk load”
• optional MIDI system exclusive, bank/program change and control change messages sent at patch selection
• string grouping options for faster editing
• MIDI remote control
What's New in Version 2.1
• the app is sandboxed
• each patch can send up to 8 user defined MIDI Control Change messages for each string/channel to the “synthesizer output” device
• small user interface improvements