iPhiGéNie, maps of France
By Max Barel
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iPhiGéNie is the tool of choice for outdoor maps in FRANCE, Spain, Italy, Germany and Norway. Apple Watch ready !
There are GPS applications with French topographic maps inside, iPhiGéNie brings you ALL maps from Geoportail, with a GPS inside.
FRANCE: road maps are free, topographical maps are available on subscription (7 days free use trial).
ESRI topographic wold coverage included in Geoportail subscription.
SPAIN, CATALONIA, NORWAY,ITALY, GERMANY: FREE topographical maps from national mapping authotity
FREE WORLD-WIDE coverage though OpenStreetMap/OpenCycleMap.
On all these maps, iPhiGéNie displays your exact location.
IMPORTANT: Every MAP displayed once IS KEPT ON THE DEVICE and is available even with no network (off-line mode).
IMPORTANT: Geoportail French map services and resources are tied to a personal subscription, recurring by default. See conditions below. Free for 7 days. Optional Vmax module do not include map subscription.
In App Purchases:
* Provisional cache OPTION (obligation from Geoportal) : This anual option allows to automatically load every layer and scale you select in areas that you can define as you like. This fills a second map store (cache) of maps to ensure you'll have it on the field, even with no network connection. This provisional cache adds to the regular automatic one. No need to display every map you need manually.
* French coastal maps OPTION. Lasts one year.
* French aviation OACI map OPTION. Lasts one year.
All above options are available for ANNUAl subscription only and each adds a separate maps storage (cache) of 40 000 tiles (≈1 Go).
* Vmax module: This optional module, available through In App Purchase, add following features:
- Waypoints/POI management, with photos: Add, file, annotate, export-import in GPX file format.
- Tracks and route: Recording, manual creation and editing, following, export-import in GPX file format.
- Automatic downloading of maps along a predefined track.
- iCloud sharing for tracks and waypoints.
- Search address or any toponym present on a French map. Automatic creation of relevant waypoint.
- "GPS beacon" feature: People you authorize, can follow your position on a detailed map, either on support web site on inside the application. No tracking is done unless you activate it.
- Follow your friends beacon: Automatic update of followed positions. Very handful to find each other in the middle of nowhere or see how far are your fellows.
- One time purchase. Vmax module is a definitive purchase. You may use it with no Geoportal valid subscription, dispaying tracks and waypoints on available free maps.
- GPS "beacon": Warning, given the phone network nature et battery capacity, you should never engage security on the availability of this feature.
- On iPod, no GPS position.
- GPS and battery lasting: the GPS is shut down when the application is sent to background, if there is no activated function requiring it (track recording, "GPS beacon"). Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery lasting.
- English speaking users are welcome to ask any question in the English section of the forum on the support web site.
- Recurring subscriptions to Geoportail map service
- Yearly and monthly subscription.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
- Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of the free trial period, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to Geoportail map service.
What's New in Version 5.6
Apple Watch capable!
• Mesure tool: now display altitude différence between the two points and the terrain slope (avalanches)
• Improvement of user interaction with displayed tracks
- Select a track by long touch, displaying an info pop-up
- Display of track detail screen from the info
- Allow to chose which track data to display on meters: active, followed or last selected
- display altitude profile when following a track, with current position cursor
- altitude profile now displays track title to disambiguate which is concerned
- Native display on iPhone 6 (+) screen.
- Barometric altitude on iPhones 6, iPad Air 2 …
- Adds a speed curve on track display.
- In track editing mode, point selection through profile + speed view.
- Add a "wastebin" to collect deleted items.
- Now able to seache for cadastral parcels (France)
- Add the worldwide topographice ESRI maps, into the geoportail subscription. Quality is better than OSM in many area.
- Change Spannish maps access service.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 10 April 2015
- Version: 5.6
- Size: 26.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French
- Developer: Max Barel
- © Max Barel
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.