Landscaper's Companion - Gardening Reference Guide
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Enjoyed by thousands of gardeners, Landscaper's Companion is your reference guide to trees, shrubs, annuals, perennials, and all sorts of plants. Containing information on over 26,000 plants and 21,000 images, it makes an excellent resource for the casual gardener, landscaper, aspiring botanist, or anyone looking for a simple, easy to use plant guide.
Landscaper's Companion is also available of for the iPhone and iPad. Those version are loved by thousands of people, and are highly rated:
* "Top 200 Reference App" in USA - Feb 2011
* "Top 10 Reference App" in Canada - April 2010
* "What's Hot" app in the UK Store - April 2010
* Featured on the UK app store front page - March 2010
"Landscaper's Companion comes out ahead due to it's rich search features, custom offline content and nurturing instructions." - Brodie Beta, The Globe and Mail
"Just wanted to let u know this app is great. I have been looking for something like this for a while." - Daren, Deerwood Landscapes
"Gardeners who want a content-heavy app need to look no further than the Landscaper's Companion, which houses a large collection of data that spans 16 categories of plants" - Lauren Fairbanks, SheKnows.com
This app brings all you love about the iPhone and iPad versions and brings them to the Mac, taking advantage of new Lion features and the Mac user interface.
▪ 17 categories of plants
▪ Over 26,000 plants
▪ General information such as sun requirements, water usage, and mature height and width
▪ Over 21,000 high quality images from around the web
▪ Add your own plants, pictures and notes
▪ Extensive Search Capabilities: search by Common or Scientific Name, Sun Exposure, USDA Zone, Water requirements, Color, Height, and Width, bloom time, and deer resistance.
▪ Keep a list of your Favorite Plants
▪ Keep Field Notes on plants or just general notes
▪ Print Plant Information
▪ Full Screen Support
• MacBook Retina Display Support
▪ Gesture Support for Viewing Full Size Images
The 26,000 plants are spread throughout these 17 categories:
3) Cacti Succulents
4) Evergreens / Conifers
6) Flowering and Fruit Trees
8) Ground Covers & Vines
10) House Plants
16) Vegetables, Fruits, Berries
17) Water Plants
Browse over 26,000 different plants by their scientific name and common names. View information such as water usage, size, and sun requirements. Most have a short description of the plant along with cultivation information, common uses, and any problems they may have. Each plant entry includes beautiful pictures. You can also add your own pictures to each plant.
Additional plants and images are added periodically for FREE!
Like us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/landscaperscompanion) and follow us on Twitter at @landscaperscomp
Please take a moment to leave a review with your positive feedback as well as constructive criticism. We listen carefully to all feedback and try to make adjustments as quickly as we can. Please note: we're unable to respond to your comments directly - please email email@example.com if you have problems with the app.
Please Note: Internet access is required to download plant images. Once images are downloaded, internet access is not required to use app.
What's New in Version 1.5.2
Fixed bug where a crash would happen when double clicking edit a user plant and scientific names were being used.