Profs' Phonics 2
By Doc Ruth
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Profs' Phonics 2 invites 3 to 7 year old children to explore detailed paintings for words that start or end with a particular sound. Children will come to understand that words contain the same sounds that are represented by letters of the alphabet. This is known as 'cracking the alphabetic code' and is essential for children to be able to understand the reading process.
Profs' Phonics has been developed by Professors Ruth Fielding-Barnsley and Ian Hay as a result of their research into how children learn to read.
For a free sample containing 5 of the Profs' Phonics paintings, download Profs' Phonics 1, also by Doc Ruth.
- Learning about the individual sounds in words (phonemic awareness).
- Learning through detailed observation, animation, sound and touch.
- Visual and auditory feedback of identified words, allowing for recognition of words.
- Contrasting incorrect words to discriminate between learned sounds (s,t,l,p,m,n,a,e,i).
- Based on the findings of The Independent Rose Review of the Teaching of Early Reading in the UK (https://www.education.gov.uk/publications/standard/publicationDetail/Page1/DFES-0201-2006).
- Feedback on the number of correct words that your child has found in each poster.
- The ability to teach your child their first words made up of the learned sounds.
- Extends your child's vocabulary with the inclusion of 330 words.
- Ideal as story and conversation starters.
What's New in Version 1.50
- Updated for iOS 8.
- Updated for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus screen sizes.
- The word list is easier to read.
- USD 1.99
- Category: Education
- Updated: 21 November 2014
- Version: 1.50
- Size: 50.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Ruth Fielding-Barnsley
- © 2014 Ruth Fielding-Barnsley
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.