X2Pro Audio Convert
By Marquis Broadcast
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Move your Final Cut Pro X projects to the audio suite simply and quickly. X2Pro Audio Convert takes your FCP X XML and creates an AAF with embedded or referenced audio media which Avid Pro Tools can open as a session, delivering seamless integration between the two applications..
The AAF has also been successfully imported into Steinberg Nuendo, Merging Technologies Pyramix and Apple Logic Pro X.
X2Pro Audio Convert is a cutting edge conversion application for delivering FCP X projects for audio finishing, it is easy to use directly from within FCP X.
Taking advantage of the innovative Roles features in FCP X, X2Pro allows you to choose how these are converted to tracks; their order, packing and whether they are included, allowing sound designers to start working immediately.
Media can be embedded in the AAF (and trimmed with handles to minimise file size) to create a single, simple to transfer, file. Alternatively the AAF can reference external media which is ideal when FCP X and ProTools have access to the same shared storage.
Those who do not need the advanced functions of referenced, trimmed media, or close control of the conversion of Roles, can look at the cost effective X2ProLE.
X2Pro faithfully translates your audio timeline along with L-cuts, J-cuts, transitions, levels, automatic gain and fade handles, as well as the incredibly powerful FCP X compound clips. Transitions are converted into linear cross fades. Audio media can be any QuickTime supported audio, non-PCM audio is converted to PCM at either 16 or 24 bit.
R3D media is supported.
Multicam Clips are effectively translated taking across the audio of the selected angle.
X2Pro gives a clear warning when it comes across elements of a sequence which it cannot translate such as time maps and effects.
We recommend rendering an off-line or proxy version of the flattened video and exporting that if a reference is needed within Pro Tools. Only audio media is translated by X2Pro.
• FCP X, 10.0.4 or later and XML 1.1
• X2Pro runs on OS X Mountain Lion (10.8) through to El Capitan (10.11)
• Pro Tools v7.0 or later for AAF import (not LE versions, v7 and v8 require Digitranslator for AAF import)
The screenshots show the same project in FCP X and after conversion in Pro Tools, Logic Pro X and Pyramix.
X2Pro uses Marquis Media Highway technology to integrate FCP X into the established professional audio workflow. Marquis Media Highway is the core technology employed by Marquis’ media integration products – it improves how broadcast production systems interoperate by delivering a seamless and cost-effective integration between leading broadcast content applications. Marquis Broadcast specializes in content workflows and media integration software and has been delivering solutions to broadcast since 1998.
What's New in Version 3.0.13
Bug Fix Release:
• Improved memory management to avoid "out of memory" and "XPC timeout" errors while processing large projects.
• Retimed compound clip handling has been changed to ensure that incorrect AAF files are not generated.
• Better FCP XML handling of retiming.
• Improved performance for projects that contain many MXF files.
• Better handling of non-standard clips (X2Pro now falls back to using a different mechanism where the initial attempt to extract audio has failed).
- USD 149.99
- Category: Video
- Updated: 05 April 2016
- Version: 3.0.13
- Size: 5.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Marquis Broadcast Limited
- © Marquis Broadcast Limited
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor