3DRacers is the first 3D printed real-life racing game: design and 3D print your smartphone-driven RC car
== The Game ==
- Race with your friends (up to 1000 players)
- Drive with your phone or tablet
- Watch real time score boards and lap times: each car has a sensor that detect specially designed gates.
- Re-program the Arduino core inside each car to unlock new features from the community
== Story ==
3DRacers, the world’s first 3D printed remote control car game, was successfully founded on Indiegogo.
By hitting this goal, backers have unlocked 7 new car options and over 60 new accessories. The cars, which users can control with the accompanying smartphone app, allows players to log stats and compete with friends in tournaments. 3DRacers can detects a car’s lap count with the sensor on the bottom of each car, which transmits data to the application via Bluetooth.
“We are really excited by the enthusiasm of our users. Every day we receive some new fan-arts, photos of cars they've created using our free editor, or entire new car models designed by them.
Given the open-source nature of the project, we’ll be seeing even more content from our users after the campaign ends.”
Marco D’Alia, Founder, 3DRacers
== A Teaching Toy ==
The creators of 3DRacers have kept the car entirely open sourced - the software is programmable and can connect to computer via USB port to change acceleration or add stability control. Whether users print their own car or order from 3DRacers, the kid-friendly coding provides a fun opportunity for children to build a custom racer.
== Highlights ==
- Electronics are open source and Arduino compatible
- Available in Barebone print at home or preorder 3D printed customized model
- Programmable via USB port to increase speed or add stability
- 3D printing allows for full customization of style and color
- Compete in online tournaments through included smartphone application
Improved Controls settings
Initial support for Accelerometer Shield
- Marco D'Alia
- 119.5 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2015 - 3DRacers D'Alia Marco
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.