AffdexMe demonstrates the use of Affectiva's Affdex Software Developer Kit (SDK), which lets developers emotion-enable their apps and digital experiences.
The app analyzes and respond to facial expressions of emotion in real time using the built-in camera on your iOS device. To use, simply start the app and you will see your own face on the screen with metrics at the top measuring expressions and emotions and the most likely emoji icon that matches your facial expression.
There are three icons on the right side of the screen that will allow you to:
- Select the desired emotions or expressions to track (any 6 can be shown in the app at one time)
- Switch between the front and rear-facing camera
- Take a snapshot and save to your photo roll.
The app’s preferences can also be used to:
- Change the processing frame rate
- Display facial points as the face is tracked.
- Display gender and glasses avatar
- Display emoji avatars
- Track multiple faces simultaneously (iPhone 6s and iPad Air 2 or newer is recommended for this feature)
Visit our developer portal at http://developer.affectiva.com for more information on our SDK.
Gender avatar adapted from Emoji One: http://emojione.com/
Updated to use the latest deep learning based face detection and facial expression models. (SDK 4.0):
* Updated the face detection to improve its robustness for detecting non-frontal faces
* Updated the brow raise, brow furrow, cheek raise, nose wrinkle, upper lip raise, mouth open, and smile models
* Updated the emotion models, valence, and expressiveness to use the new versions of the expression models
* Updated the gender model for improved accuracy