Amphetamine is a little app that lives in your menu bar and helps keep your Mac awake. Through on demand sessions of either a timed or infinite duration, or Triggers which automatically keep your Mac awake, Amphetamine is the most powerful, most customizable, yet still easy-to-use, keep-awake utility for macOS!
As an added bonus, Amphetamine can also keep your connected drives awake.
As an extra-special added bonus, Amphetamine is 100% free, has no ads, no in-app purchases, no tracking, and no data harvesting!
Amphetamine can keep your Mac awake:
• Indefinitely, or for a specified amount of time
• While a file is downloading
• When an external display is connected
• When a USB or Bluetooth device is connected
• On a schedule
• While a specific app is running
• While a specific app is running and frontmost
• While your battery is charging and/or when the battery is above a threshold
• When your Mac has a specific IP address
• When your Mac is on a specific WiFi network
• When headphones or another output is in use
• When a specific drive or volume is mounted
Additional Notable Features:
• AppleScript support
• Create your own menu bar icons
• Define the Drive Alive wake interval
• Allow your display to sleep while keeping your Mac awake
• Allow screen saver to run after period of inactivity
• 12hr/24hr session time remaining display
• Auto-end session if your Mac's battery is low
• Hot key support for starting/ending sessions
Amphetamine requires macOS 10.10 Yosemite or higher
Amphetamine supports Retina displays and macOS dark mode.
Amphetamine⁴ has been completely rebuilt from the ground up to improve performance, reliability, and add awesome new features! New Trigger criteria for USB and Bluetooth devices, mounted volumes/drives, audio output selection, IP address, frontmost app, and external displays, make Amphetamine more powerful than ever. Drive Alive supports a custom wake interval. Amphetamine can keep your Mac awake while a file is downloading. The new features and improvements list doesn't stop there! Oh, and a few longstanding bugs (e.g. screen saver) have been squashed, too! Enjoy!
If you find Amphetamine useful, please consider leaving an App Store review. If you encounter an issue, please contact support through the app.
New in Amphetamine 4.0.3:
+ Dropped requirement for custom session status icons to be square (image aspect ratio will now be preserved)
+ Optimized Amphetamine's CPU usage when switching between, launching, or quitting other apps
+ Optimized Amphetamine's monitoring of USB devices
+ Fixed an issue that could cause the Trigger configuration window to appear unexpectedly
+ Fixed an issue that could cause some notifications to be delivered twice
+ Fixed an issue that could cause Amphetamine's menu to get stuck and overlay other windows
+ Added "Disable Triggers?" prompt when trying to end a Trigger session when a single-clicking Amphetamine's menu bar icon
Thank you for making an awesome app.
No problem! Thanks for writing an awesome review!