AnkiMobile is a mobile companion to Anki, a powerful, intelligent flashcard program that is free, multi-platform, and open-source. Sales of this app support the development of both the computer and mobile version, which is why the app is priced as a computer application.
AnkiMobile offers some features not found in other flashcard apps:
- A free cloud synchronization service that lets you keep your card content synchronized across multiple mobile and computer devices. This makes it easy to add content on a computer and then study it on your mobile, easily keep your study progress current between an iPhone and iPad, and so on.
- The same proven scheduling algorithm that the computer version of Anki uses, which reminds you of material as you're about to forget it.
- A flexible interface designed for smooth and efficient study. You can set up AnkiMobile to perform different actions when you tap or swipe on various parts of the screen, and control which actions appear on the tool buttons.
- Comprehensive graphs and statistics about your studies.
- Support for large card decks - even 100,000+ cards.
- If your cards use images or audio clips, the media is stored on your device, so you can study without an internet connection.
- A powerful search facility that allows you to find cards that match criteria such as 'tagged high priority, answered in the last ten days and not containing the following words', and automatically place them into a deck to study.
- Support for displaying mathematical equations that were added with LaTeX in the desktop software, and ruby text above Asian languages.
Please note that AnkiMobile is currently intended as a companion to the computer version of Anki, rather than a complete replacement for it. While AnkiMobile is able to display your cards in the same way the computer version does, certain changes like modifying note types need to be done with the computer software. For this reason, please familiarize yourself with the computer version of Anki before you think about buying this app.
Please also note that while you can use almost any language on your cards, AnkiMobile's user interface is only available in English at the moment.
Aside from the cloud synchronization service, AnkiMobile also supports copying decks to and from your device via the USB cable and iTunes.
Like all apps, AnkiMobile can be purchased once and then used on multiple devices in a household using the same Apple ID. Family sharing is also supported. For information on bulk discounts for educational institutions, please see http://www.apple.com/itunes/education/
For more information on AnkiMobile, including a link to the online manual, please have a look at the support page: http://ankisrs.net/docs/AnkiMobile.html
If you have any questions or want to report an issue, please let us know on our support site and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Add 'answer hard' and 'answer good' actions to auto advance feature.
- Fix status bar appearing on older phones when navigation bar hidden on iOS 12.
- Fix deck list title appearing as '...' on iOS 12.
- Fix scratchpad not responding to Apple Pencil when fingers on the screen and 'ignore fingers' option enabled.
- Fix sticky fields not preserving field content on add.
- The type answer feature now copes with smart quotes and dashes.
- Support .mov video files.
- Force a full sync when restoring from backup.
- AnkiMobile now requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Smoothly scroll to the answer area instead of jumping straight to it.
- Added a new 'toggle auto advance' action, and associated settings in the review preferences.
- Added a new 'scratchpad size' action to change the scratchpad height.
- Added an option in the review preferences to ignore fingers and only recognize the Apple Pencil.
- When a link is pasted into the editor, make it clickable.
- When drag & dropping, insert in location caret was in prior to the drop.
- Fix day cutoff calculation in V2 scheduler.
- Fix editor failing to show when fields contained certain unicode characters.
- Fix incorrect reviews notification when notification time is later in the day.
- Fix display of remote images.
- Fix horizontal scrolling in filtered deck screen.
- Fix edit icons not becoming active when adding new card.
Great app but the desktop version is still necessary
I’m a long time Anki user. Using Anki has undoubtedly helped me learn in many areas. I think the app is missing some crucial functionality though; specifically an improved search to find my cards (e.g. to browse through tags for example). Also I wish the sync could be done in a more modern way e.g. through iCloud.