[About AWARE Client]
AWARE Client V2 is a sensing framework dedicated to an instrument, infer, log and share mobile context information, for smartphone users and researchers. AWARE captures hardware-, software-, and human-based data.
[Individuals: Record your data]
This app allows us to collect user’s activity data (such as location, steps, and mobility types) automatically. As a part of the activity data, this app collects heart-rate, sleep, and workout data via HealthKit API if the user allows the app to access HealthKit API. In addition, By using the AWARE Dashboard, you can enable or disable sensors. Privacy is enforced by design, so AWARE does not log personal information, such as phone numbers or contacts information. Also, the data is saved locally on your mobile phone temporary. AWARE upload the data to the AWARE server automatically if the device has a Wi-Fi network and is charged the battery.
[Scientists: Run studies]
Running a mobile related study has never been easier. Install AWARE on the participants' phone, select the data you want to collect and that is it. If you use the own AWARE server, you can set mobile questionary.
[How to use AWARE Client iOS]
1. Set a study on AWARE Dashboard
1-1. Please access to AWARE Dashboard by a web browser Make a study by "Create Study" button
1-2. Select required sensors from a sensor list for your study
1-3. Make a QR code by "Show QRcode" button
2. For joining the study, please read the QR code by a QR code reader on the AWARE client
3. AWARE collects and uploads your contexts in the background automatically
4. You can quit the study by 'Quit Study' button
AWARE allows us to collect the following sensor data:
- Location (GPS, Barometer, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth)
- Motion (Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Gravity, Linear Accelerometer, Magnetometer, and Activity Recognition)
- Ambient Noise (Audio Features)
- Device Usage (Screen State and Phone Call Events)
- Network State (Wi-Fi or Mobile Network)
- Weather Data (from Open Weather Map)
- BLE Devices (heart rate)
- Calendar Events
- Web APIs (Fitbit)
- ESM: Experimental Sampling Method (Mobile Questionary)
** NOTE **
This application uses location sensor in the background. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
In addition, this app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease device battery life.
Support a function to change icon color when a sensor is activated.