Download the essential and most comprehensive dictionary app for dependable definitions at your fingertips.
Dictionary.com is the leading free English dictionary app for iPhone – with over 2,000,000 trusted definitions and synonyms, the Dictionary.com app is designed and optimized for your mobile device.
Works offline! Install the offline dictionary for access to definitions whenever you need them.
In addition to the trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, this app includes:
- Word of the Day – learn a new word each day and expand your vocabulary
- Audio pronunciations – never mispronounce another word
- Voice search – find the definitions you’re looking for anywhere, anytime
- Content Collections Carousel includes Word Trends, Grammar Tips, , Slideshows, and Word of the Day
- Quiz widget - test your vocabulary skills (are you prepping for the SAT?) with our Word of the Day quizzes
- Word origin and history - discover etymology on even the strangest words
- Favorite words and search history - customize your recently searched word list and never forget the newest words you’ve learned
- English Spelling help - not sure how a word is spelled? This app will find it for you
- Local look-ups - take a look at the words searched by location
- Learner’s Dictionary - includes extra information about word usage for English learners
- Optimized for Apple Watch!
Get even more from your app with our Upgrades:
- Example Sentences
- Idioms and Phrases
- Medical, Science, Rhyming Dictionaries
- Offline Dictionary + Remove ads
Or you can get all of this additional content and remove ads for one low price with our Pro App.
Embarrassed. Adjective. Us when we realized the offline dictionary went AWOL. We're very sorry, and don't worry: We brought it back.
(Hear ye, hear ye: If you want to hear your audio pronunciations, don't forget to crank up your phone volume!)
Cannot download offline data
After purchased $7, offline data cannot be downloaded from Japan. It says cannot connect to the server.
Don’t pay for the upgrade as it’s not functioning
I paid $7 to get the example sentences and off line database as I thought it’s the best way to learn English words!
“There are no example sentences available for this word.”
This comes up for ALL THE WORDS I’ve been looking up.
The words are not even difficult one, such as “special” “nudge” “hectic” “nausea” etc etc....
What is the upgrade with purchase for if there’s no examples?
Please update with the example sentenses.
Get rid off add.Need offline pronunciation.