Eye Break is a Mac application for avoiding eye strain when working on a computer.
“Computer vision syndrome (CVS) is a temporary condition resulting from focusing the eyes on a computer display for protracted, uninterrupted periods of time. Some symptoms of CVS include headaches, blurred vision, neck pain, redness in the eyes, fatigue, eye strain, dry eyes, irritated eyes, double vision, vertigo/dizziness, polyopia, and difficulty refocusing the eyes.” - Wikipedia
“Computer vision syndrome affects about 90% of the people who spend three hours or more a day at a computer.” - National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health
Regular breaks in work can undo much of the damage and helps avoiding CVS. Eye Break helps you do not forget to make so important for your health breaks and shows you well designed exercises for relaxing your eyes.
Of course the better you feel the better your performance!
- quick access through customized Status bar item
- Dock icon can be disabled
- clear user interface
- skins support for an enjoyable experience, including Yosemite style
- 7 exercises for relaxing your eyes
- multi-display support
- enforce breaks by locking work with other programs with option to disallow Break skipping
- break screen can be easily minimized to continue work
- notifies before Break begin
- one of three predefined or user-customized sound at end of Break
- semitransparent blink reminder that don't take away active window focus
- display time left for current work or break period
- easy customize work and break time interval for different techniques for preventing eye strain
IN APP PURCHASES:
- additional not eyes-related Exercises
- additional enjoyable Skins
Fixed crash on OS X 10.11 ElCapitan